Guys - have an older Fiat Allis 645B wheel loader that I want to add a quick coupler to for switching from bucket, to pallet forks to bale spear, etc..... I'm going to be fabricating one myself for this so I can do what I want. I don't know all the terminology or types really but am wondering if I should make it to use the same pattern as a Cat IT28 style, or a JRB style or something else? What's more common for future attachments do you think? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Chris
I'm not sure if there is a standard quick attach for the industry or not. All of our Volvo loaders come with the same hook up, and so did our New Holland, and Case loader. Come to think of it, we had a 938 cat with the same as well. We had a Fiat 140.2, and the boys built one for it. It had a joystick, and a 3rd valve. I think they put a T valve on the 3rd valve lines, and ran it to the pins for the quick attach. In hind sight, the guys figured they should have had springs to keep the pins locked, as they would sometimes leak open.
I'm going through coupler hell right now. Converting older Volvo/Skat Trak skid steer to 1" fittings on a new 4-in-1 bucket (skid had 3/4"). My thought is that any rental equipment will have newer couplings. I got a set of Parker fittings at local equipment shop. Body assembly, coupler PFEM-501-8FP Nose Piece assembly, Cpl PFEM-502-8FP Run those numbers thru Amazon and it comes up with a link to: http://www.discounthydraulichose.com My problem is that I don't know if I have metric, SAE, etc. so I end up bringing it in to supplier and they muck around with it to come up with some combination. And you can be sure they are out of the one piece that would make it so easy... If you a lucky somebody who knows there are talking about will log in set you straight! Hope this helps a little bit.