Any ideas how much i would pay for a quickhitch for a kubota kx41-2S in uk or eire...........finding it hard to find one. Found one for a kx41-3 brand new for 120 euro but wont fit the 41-2 they said, and will be new year before they have one for the 41-2. Im also looking for a manual for a kx41-2S that i can download of the web and print myself.
Have you tried Digbits ( www.digbits.co.uk ) they will make one but not sure on price. Their stuff is top quality and they are good guys to deal with. Remember you will need a set of dummy pins for each bucket you own, a cheaper option would be a semi-hitch but they are not as quick/easy as a full manual quick hitch!!
i dont mind the semi (one pin go's in the rear of the bucket/hitch) that would be grand. Just sick of getting greasy pins and changing buckets alot. Emaile digbits before and got no reply from them. I will try them again now
I have a semi hitch on my KX41-3v and they are the go on smaller machines, yeah I have to get off the machine twice to change buckets but the only way to avoid that is to go to the expense of a hydraulic hitch. I think the only way to justify the expense of the hyd hitch is if you change buckets more than 3 or 4 times an hour on a regular basis. Once you get into machines with big buckets it pays to go hydraulic. The biggest pain with the semi hitch is finding a suitable method of retaining the pin, I use an R pin pushed all the way in, as far as it will go. So far i have been using the same R pin for about 3 months but it pays to keep a couple spare in the toolbox.
A hydraulic quick hitch is a bit over the top for a small mini. A manual quick hitch is ideal as it is clean and quick, the semi hitch is a good idea, you just have to get your hands a bit dirty with the rear retaining pin as it needs to be regularly greased to make changing the pin quick. I have a manual quick hitch on my 41-3 and a semi hitch on my 008-3!!
Got a price of 280 euro for a semi hitch. I'd settle for a semi hitch
No grease on my retaining pin, it is a bit loose and easy to get in and out.
Sounds good - does that include dummy pins? Where was that from?, if you dont mind me asking!!
Yes that includes dummy pins ......... http://www.ferrybridge.ie/ Know this crowd, they bought a pc130-6 off me. And i bought mini digger tracks off them and a hi tip dumper. There good to deal with
ive got a harford wedge lock on my volvo ec15 and its a great hitch.dont know how much they are but you can keep the buckets tight on the dipper.google them nick..........
Is tha the one that works n a screw to tighten. If so i was after one but couoldnt find one. Will it adopt to different buckets aslong as the pins size is the same and distance between pins is withing 25 mm or so.......will do a search on googe for them
yes that is the one that screws up to tighten pin. try www.harford-mfg.co.uk.based in norwich norfolk 01603403099 nick.........
Just emailed them....Thanks
You might be suprised just how little they do in fact make themselves. There is a new member on here who you just made very very happy post 440 I knew this rang a bell.
Is there something you want to tell me about Digbits then??!!!!!
Definately rang a bell Rob
Nothing wrong with the company or the service that I have experienced but they do not manufacture everything that you are led to believe. I found out while trying to source this lot After a lot of being messed about with cant or wont I finally remembered an article in Earthmovers about a visit to these boys. http://www.abiljo.com/ Even made me bushes and plates to a drawing I sent them, no fuss no hastle, very proffessional IMHO!
Nice ripper tooth there, bet that speeds up some duties!! If not frightens some passers by!!!!