What techinque do you use for loading full size dump truck with your minis? Do you make a pile and then load it from on top of it, or can you just do it from next to the truck. I have a White road boss 2 single axle dump.
loading trucks Its always best, if you are high on the pile (about 5-6ft high) this way you can see in the truck and you dont have to lift as high everytime. I have a 40,000 lb machine and I do it this way all the time
Always try to load from on top a pile. That way you have less loading height to deal with and swing over the back of the truck not the cab. If possible get the trucks to back into you then you get the full lenght of the box. Keep in mind with a mini you dont have much reach.
When on top of a stockpile it is also easier to pick up the spoil and keep the earth in one place e.g: you aren't chasing it around the ground as you would if you were at/on the same level as the stockpile. Not only that the higher up you need to lift the bucket the less soil can be 'heaped'/held in the bucket due to the geometry of the bucket so the higher the machine in relation to the dumper the better e.g more productivity.
When you have to load without the benefits of a bench or pile, I will lift the machine with the blade on the truck side to get a little more height. Also extendiing the bucket edge, (I have a straight edge attached to the teeth of a 36" bucket) that really helps keep the materiel from spilling. More importantly it increases the heaping capacity.