Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Quickbooks Online

andrewpond ยท 2017-02-01 16:39

HI, Anybody using QuickBooks Online ? I am just a one man show, just need to Invoice and track Exps. I have used desktop QB for decades. But Online Concept sounds great. ie Do invoices on site before I leave... Current accountants say QuickBooksONline not ready yet... too buggy. Lots of online reviews say same.... BUT Literally was buying new version today at store and met neighbor.... She has been using QBO for 3 yrs no issues.... Anyone have any experience with QuickBooks ONline?

Replies7
  1. #1Planedriver2017-02-01 22:18

    I haven't had any problems with it but I'm only accessing from my computer. (My eyes and fat fingers don't do well with android anything.) If I would download the android app it would eliminate a lot of receipt marshaling and might be good with "field invoicing". I understand the prevalent complaint isn't the online but the apps for droid and IOS. Be careful if you put it on your smart phone because (depending on the authorization level) if you lose your phone it could spell REAL trouble. Either way, it's compatibility with turbo tax makes it worth most of the hassles to me.

  2. #2Birken Vogt2017-02-02 01:22

    I keep a pad of carbon copy invoices in the truck. If I am on site and want to be paid on site that is how I do them. I can understand not wanting to do it twice, once in the field and once in the office but the hassle of operating a computer in the field still challenges me. Pen and paper and calculator are pretty reliable. If I want to take it back to the office I have a big computer with a big screen and clickety clack keyboard to do it there.

  3. #3andrewpond2017-02-02 06:30

    Thxs Guys, yes I do the carbon invoice in truck too, but its actually the collecting that gets me.... meet customer to get chq and have to bring printed copies of invoices or at least know the totals... Just wasted few hours trying to get the desktop QB file for taxes to accountants.... still not sure what problem was, possibly they upgrade versions... Lucky have QB on laptop and just took whole computer to them. And then made another trip into city to get computer back... If I was using QBO they could have just logged in from their computer... But that is IF everything actually works

  4. #4Aliate2017-02-02 16:54

    i use QBO quite a bit. Its performance depends heavily on which browser you use, if you use it from a computer. Internet explorer is by far the worst and chrome being the best. I use it with windows 10 and there is a built in app. Right when I turn my computer on it opens it up. If you keep up with your transactions and reconciling your accounts it is a very powerful tool and I highly recommend it. I also can do a lot, including invoicing, from my phone.

  5. #5skyhooks2017-03-21 22:01

    not sure if you do any job costing but quickbooks online doesn't support it.

  6. #6cspeedy2017-03-28 15:44

    I've been a QB user for at least 15 years. Tried the online version about 3 years ago and went back to regular pretty quickly. It was missing some essentials, though been too long to remember what. I think job costing with T&M might have been an issue. My accountant still advises me not to get it. I send him files via the send file to accountant in QB, pretty quick and easy.

  7. #7skyhooks2017-03-28 18:03

    i don't think you can do job costing at all with the online version, only with the enterprise version