Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

R Series Bobcat Skid Steers Cab controller and component issues

HDGUI ยท 2023-02-02 10:08

Numerous codes related to components located inside of the cab can be associated with the cab controller having a functional problem. This is just some experience that i have had recently and have just wanted to share what i have found and done. From a dealership techs POV. Hope this helps someone. Recently I have been noticing quite a few controller issues with newer R series skid steers, mainly the cab controller. It is located on the back side of the cab and is accessible when cab is flipped up. Mainly it is the connector that is not sealing correctly and how it is placed horizontally that is allowing water ingress into, and corroding the pins. I have had good success with cleaning the pins on the male connector and cleaning out the controller. I have however ran into a few that the pins have corroded so bad that when I've cleaned out the pins I'm able to push them through the AMP super seal connector without removing the lock. The pins are a little difficult to find but i do believe they are AMP super seal 1.0 pins. There is a variety of pins in this category but they can be found. The connector is took apart by pushing the single white lock in and is locked by pushing the 2 individual white pieces back in. Be cautious however, with the lock disengaged all the pins will be able to be removed so dont go tugging on the connector.

Replies0

No replies yet.