Hi everyone new to the forum. I have a cat 236d skid steer vin SEN00407. The throttle is stuck near max, and turning the dial, and foot pedal both do nothing. I noticed if the machine is moving, and the throttle is turned down the machine moves slower, and turning up the throttle it moves faster (as it should) but the rpms remain stuck and do not change. Machine has the display but no codes are showing up. Wondering if there is a way I can test the position sensor? Thanks in advance.
I believe those machines had a stepper motor to control a mechanical fuel pump. Is the control rod between the stepper motor and pump jammed up or something? Trying to remember but I seem to recall that sometimes the arm on the stepper motor would strip out and cause problems too.
Is this what you're talking about.?
Yep. Seen that linkage arm on the stepper motor come loose or strip out a couple times.