Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Racoon ht50 need starter

wyoming racoon ยท 2016-01-11 00:41

Have a Raccoon skidsteer ht-50. The starter went out and I am not having any luck finding a replacement. Live in Casper, Wyoming, USA. Does anyone know how to find replacement parts?

Replies5
  1. #1sims2016-01-11 08:31

    IIRC the Racoon machines use Perkins diesels. Try to ID your motor's model number, etc and then Google for Perkins parts. Good luck SimS

  2. #2Delmer2016-01-11 09:24

    The numbers off the starter itself will confirm that. Or take the old starter to a rebuild shop, that's my preference if it's the original starter. If you want to back up even farther, what's wrong with the starter? How did you diagnose it?

  3. #3Jeepwalker2016-01-11 09:46

    Usually it's less expensive to rebuild the old one. Have you taken it to a shop?

  4. #4lantraxco2016-01-11 11:56

    Not these days, you can almost always buy a brand new one for less than the rebuild. Quality now, that's another thing entirely, lol.

  5. #5Jeepwalker2016-01-11 15:05

    Hmmm, I just checked on Amazon and you're right. I haven't had to replace one lately. Thanks for the correction..