i just got a racoon skid steer its a chinese machine and i migth get a used bobcat broom dose a bobcat broom work on a chinese skid steer withour modifacations it shold use a bobcat type coupler
worst case, you will have to spend 150 bucks for some new couplers. mind if i ask what you paid for it, how many hours are on it, and what you do with it?
It's a Racoon Ht50 I paid $7587 for it with 262 hrs It's for a scarp yard sorting with a grapple bucket and a broom
sounds like a sweet buy...
Mind if I ask what engine it has in it?
It's got a perkins what kind of dozer is that it is a good machine for what it is
It's one of those little Chinese dozers, pretty light, only 6,500 lbs., and yes, it's very good for what it is.
Dose it have a rear pto alot of Chinese dozers do
Yes, it has two. The upper one is tang drive and runs at engine speed, the lower one has a splined shaft and is two-speed.
Could you guys post a pic of the dozer? Has anybody seen the China CTL in use? Thank You Sam
Here is a Jinma in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGHHAIvmlBQ&feature=autoplay&list=PL2777DB38338DA875&index=15&playnext=2 Dozer in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvIROBWB6wc&playnext=1&list=PL2777DB38338DA875 Well I didn't think that pic was going to make it.
I have a ht-65 Racoon skid steer with a perkins, it will take most any skid attachments , except high flow. flat face couplers closed cab with AC, It was built with a lot of oem parts , very sure footed , lift is about 2000 lbs. machine weight arround 7500. Owned it for about 18 months.
what attachments wont it take
where can one find the racoon SS? I also own one of the dozers, can't complain it has done a LOT of work for me.
The pump is 16 gpm. I run a backhoe and a wood spliter off it with no problems . I think it might have a problem, with a big hammer or large brush cutter, but I have never tried one. There is also a larger hydraulic pump available, but I don't think it would do much good if you didn't increase the hose, the valve, and the coupler sizes also. Overal the machine has good balance with a 2000 lb attachment on the front. Has a long wheel base, that makes it a bit tough on tire wear. The perkins uses about 1 gal per hour on full load.
asdf
Hi, If you guys are in need of parts for the Racoon skid steer. I do stock quite a bit up here in Canada. I have work with these skid steers for the past 6 years. Email me at [email protected] Thanks Pete
I think these may also be known as Wombat Skid Steer Loaders in Australia. There is information and a pdf brochure available from the Australian distributor - just google WOMBAT SKID STEER LOADER. There have been several posts about these, (Wombats), on this forum. I believe they have either a ChinaPerkins or ChinaNissan engine. I did look at these loaders before I bought my Toyota Huski, (as you have found, one can get a low hour machine for few dollars), what I found was that users fell in to one of two groups. The lovers and the haters. I hope your machine works out for you.
I have a HT-65, racoon and I have no complaints with it. It has a perkins, air conditioning,heat, bucket leveling. It's very stong, and sure footed. veiw from cab only fair. Only complaint is trying to get maitanence parts and maintanence documents. The super part of it all is the price, you can buy two of these for the same amount for one case or New Holland equivilant. I think the introduction of these machines was at the wrong time, and china did not want to spend the money to set up a parts suport and service network in the USA. So they lost out.... To intoduce them again now to the usa is going to be very costley and difficult. There is also a Magnum skid steer group that is also the same product built By Hero Time Machinery Co. It looks to me that most of the parts in the machine are not made in china but are surplus from other companies. It looks like they took parts and features from bobcat, case, new holland,cat, and a few others,picked the best and came out with a decent machine. The only thing they left oiut was a service and Sales plan. I only put about 200 hrs a year on the machine and have had only minor problems. I have found no parts in the usa for racoons, but they are out there if you can find the part # of the other manufacturers parts...
Hello new to the forum I have a racoon HT65 that is not running anyone have a service or parts manual for this machine its a 2007 .
Based on pictures of the skid steers, they appear to be pretty stout. BTW, I spent a month in China a year ago traveling all over. Their factories, in general, are top notch (they're new) and the Chinese are really kicking butt. I'm not a lover of the Chinese but they definitely have the momentum these days. With time, the construction equipment will continue to improve a lot. Only thing is, they could have used help on the naming: Racoon, Wombat ..who's idea what that?
hi ff1538, I have a ht65 racoon skid, I have some manuals, and books but none relate to the ht65 directlly, I just got home from florida vacation and my machine blew the gasket on the oil filter, the oil dumped out blew all over the engine . My son shut it off as soon as he saw the oil trail in yhe snow. Tried to restart it to move into my shop and the Engine has froze up..Havent pulled the oil pan off yet , but it was probabley an oil pump preasure relief failure. If you need any help give me an email..
My unit is dead Perkins 804c engine blew the oil filter gasket. just before it blew it may have been runing to fast. I suspect the oil reliefe valve failed. it was run for a few minutes before the oil was noticed in the snow . the engine is now froze , and will not turn over. I would like to hear from anybody that has seen this problem. I am in the process of trying to get the pan off,without pulling the engine. The filter was on tight and was only a few months old. The engine was runing normal when it was shut off,it was not hot. but a few minutes latter would not turn over, in either direction. Any help or ideas will be greatly appriciated.also the oil light came on just before it was shut off. The light was labled wrong and my Son thought it was hudraulic fluid spraying all over the place. So he was trying to put it back in the shop, otherwise he would have shut it down a few minutes sooner . Well thats about all I have so far. Now it's up to all you experts. Thanks
Update, the filter was a NAPA 7106 and the flter screwed in an bottomed out just before it contacted the gasket. the gasket itself has a very poor cut . the engine was very cold at the time and the gasket blew out about a 1 1/2 inch section. It just pushed it out along with all the oil. I notified the napa site along with the factory to see if they have any skin in the game. So far it looks bad for the engine. This lockup happened in a few short minutes. I'll waite a few more days before I pull the engine appart. It had a wako fliter that was subbed out to a wix and when I picked it up it had again been changed to a napa gold. But just looking at the filter and gasket, it has a very loose fit in the slot, and the filter itself hits the center before it gets to the gasket. THE GASKET IS A TALL SKINNY ONE ABOUT 7/16 " HIGH AND 1/8 " WIDE. AND IS LOOSE IN THE SLOT??? I did buy the filter at a perkins engine dealer, and they did all the substitution. This engine also has an addapter unit that is on the engine to turn the filter in a downward direction, so this part could also be out of specification. If any one is interested in the out come I will let you know...
Yes, for sure keep the updates coming. I have a couple of Perkins in service and have ran NAPA filters some times in the past. Maybe not a good idea? We will see.
From what I found out so far is wix makes the NAPA filters, But the wix filter is not made the same as the NAPA one, the gasket is a lot different. But I was more looking for info now, but it is to early to say it is out of specification, or the addapter itself might be the culperate. . I will post the info as I collect it. in the mean time owners should just be aware when installing these filters. I might have to collect all six available filters that show up on the substitution cross over lists. this one filter might just be a lonely defective one....We plan to pull the oil pan off in the am to inspect the bearings. it's a tight fit to get it off but it's more of a pain to pull the engine. CAT is involved with the perkins engine now, but back when I was looking for the filter they had no info on my machine, They use this filter in a lot of there equipment that uses the perkins 800 series engine. I have sence found there crossover numbers and they do stock the filters. I will keep you informed as the info comes in.
Just an update the ht65 I have I managed to get it to start it runs quite well apart from water blowing out the exhaust the thermostat was removed before I got it it looks like it had an overheating problem I think it has a blown head gasket it is a Perkins 804c but also has a Mitsubishi S4S label on it so is it a Perkins or Mitsubishi head gasket Smokey1 I also got a oil filter for it from napa it is a wix but i cant remember the # what manuals do you have do you have a service manual or any information regarding the torque setting because it looks like im going to be pulling the head off how is your engine comming after the lock up
FF1538, that engine had a lot of problems blowing head gaskets back in 2007 and 2008, and I was told , when they sent out the replacement parts they sent out the same bad ones. The new gasket was just a single metal one. I have not had and problems with mine but it looks like a single one. Napa District manager came out to visit me at the end of last week, he took the filter back with him, and planned to send it back to Wix to have it tested. It will take a while to get the report back. In the mean time we pulled the pan off, and the #4 rod bearing had cooked and spun. it only turned a quarter turn on the spin. It did not damage the rod or the cap, but the babbit cooked right to the crank. We also pulled #1 rod and that had a small amount of scoring.. I have to pull the engine out of the machine now , and plan to pull the main bearing caps off next, The rest of the engine removal, should be easy. just the bolts on the flywheel housing are left, and a few wires and hoses. I have no clue how the main hydraulic pump is attached to the flywheel The parts book pictures are real poor. Right now if there are no more bearings spun, I might get off easy if i can clean all the crap off the crank. I still have to solve the problem of why did the filter gasket blow out? If they come back and say the filter is fine then I will have to do more disassembly to the engine. If the filter was deffective then I will just replace all the rod and main bearings , and I can do that without pulling the crank out, or taking the timming cover apart. Now as far as that books I have the skid steer operators manual. the parts book for the skid steers ht-30 thru ht-60aA, I have the perking engine book , but again it not a service type manual, just information about the normal maint requirements. The parts book that China just downloaded to me is incomplete, It shows most of the high use parts but not all . I would be very care full about the head gasket you put into the engine. Now this engine ownership has been drifting around for several years and it is used by CAT in a few of there machines, I also think CAT may even own the rights to it now. Your new head gasket will have the tourque sequence numbers wih it, but you have to be sure you get the right one . I think mitsubitshi has been out of it for several years. Perkins also has a main web sit that will assist you in obtaining the right parts. If you send me your email address I will download the PDF parts book to you if you like. china seems to have dropped out of the picture, but somtimes it takes several days to just get an email answered. I have been looking around for the engine service manual for the 800 series machines and I hav'nt found one yet. I might goto CAT next. Cat uses that engine in one of there popular fork lifts. I won't have any more info until I get the engine out and tipped upside down. I'll get back to you I saw all the torques specs for the engine somewhere, but again if they changed the gasket I'm sure the numbers would also change.
Smokey, Thanks for the information this machine only has just over 500 hrs on it and is really clean I thought I got a deal when I picked this up originally it wouldn't start and would only turn over very slowly I changed the battery and had the starter checked it still only turns over slowly for the first few turns then turns faster and starts I think maybe the water from the bad head gasket is getting to the rings and rusting up once it starts it seems OK until I leave it for a while then the same thing I have a Perkins dealer close to where I work when I decide to pull the head I will call in to see if he has any info on the head gasket not to long ago I removed an engine from a cat 257b skid steer for a friend when you have taken all the bolts from the bell housing and engine mounts the engine just pulls forward there is a splined coupling between the engine and the hydraulic pump I put some 2x4 under the pump so it didn't drop down and made it a bit easier to re install the engine it still is a pain to line up the coupling I did this by myself so if you have helpers available it will be a lot easier thanks for the offer of the PDF manual I will send you my email if I can figure out how to do it. ff1538
Smokey My Email is [email protected] Thanks ff1538
update, pulled the engine out, the number 4 rod bearing had cooked to the crank. the number 1 rod was also scored up. both journals cleaned up very nice with # 400 sanding belt , finished it off wih #600 grit. both look like new and are slill in specification. after inspecting the oil flow paths and relief valves ,I have to conclude it was a defective oil filter that did not fit properly. The china plant now tells me the only filter that will work on my engine is the perkins MP10169... The wix co has not come back yet with there report on the filter testing of the NAPA 7106. Im planning to put a full set of rod and main bearings in it, and put it back together. the main shaft journals were nice and clean. but the bearings were a bit scoured. I'll post the last chapter safter I receice the reply from Wix .
So far I have not been able to identfy the part # for the bearings or where to purchase them in the USA. The number on the rod bearing is GE 211 STD. It is sad because an incident that should cost a few hundred to fix, may cost several thousand to resolve if a few don't get of their butts and come up with a few answers.
mate iam based in china where they make the racoon skid steers if you need a hand please let me know also racoon is joint venture with bobcat now.
I have spent about 15 hrs this week trying to locate parts for my perkins engine. Ist Roy Wang tells me they are going to give me the parts ,and today he backs down and tells me the machine is 3 years old so the have to sell me the parts. It all started with a bad oil filter gasket from Napa. I was unable to fid a perkins and it was crossed out to a wix. . all I have left is to replace the rod bearings and two of the mains. . No one can seem to come up with part# for the crank bearings The engine ser # is UE35141JO10023P, the # on the rod bearing is GE211 STD. . I cleaned up the crank and it is still in specs for standard bearings. If you could come up with some part numbers ,it would realy help.. I did notice at the end of last year that a load of bobcats was leaving Hero time, and this year I seen a load of new racoons heading out with the same stile lift arms. I realy like this machine ,but getting parts has been a horror show! Thanks for any help you can give
smokie i will have a chat to my mate at the racoon factory and see what he can do for you hounestly they are a good machine biggest issue is the chinese sell them to any one so you get guys bring in a container of them sell them off quick and make some fast money and disappear into the night never to been seen again and you are left with back up issues.
well smokey its its 5:50am here i will wait until about 8.30am local time to get on the horn to them mate if you need the parts you might at looking at just getting them directly from racoon as they should offer you a DHL 3-5day service and should be cheaper then in the states. so the part numbers you need are for the crank bearings? what other part numbers do you need? I will also get my parts guys out the back to do a translation of the names as that is normally the biggest issue here is getting though the language barrier. If you ever need a hand with anything out of china or just want some info on anythign please feel free to email me [email protected]
James,Thanks for the offer to help , I will post you the part list by monday, They (Racoon) have the list already, but they close up now for the weekend. I usually hear by sun night. They told me at one time they could sell me the new 804D mod. engine real cheap. So i'm asking them for that price also I saw a pile of the bobcats from there factory listed at an auction site, they all had about 20 hours on them I think they had the 804 D -33 turbo engines that cutaway lift arms are to give better operator veiw from cab. the machines were all loaded with ac cabs and 2 speed travel. I will try to dig that stuff up and post it here.
James, the wix co . came back and blamed the engine for blowing out the gasket. They did say that the filter will loose it's shape at about 200 psi. The relief valve safety is set at about 480 psi, and the pressure valve is set at 180 to 210 psi. So on a cold morning that would explain why the fiter lost its shape and blew the gasket out. I have to put the engine back together to double check the pressure under run conditions. I can now understand why the factory says that filter will not work on this engine.. China is still looking up my parts , and I expect they will be back to me soon. I will get back to you as soon as I hear from them. Thanks again..
Hi Smokey not been back to the forum for a while sorry you're having problems with the parts there is a perkins engine re builder here in NJ that I bought a perkins 404d engine from for a cat I called him to ask about parts for my racoon with the 804c he said no problem getting the parts he just needs an engine # as of yet I have not pulled the head off but when I do I will take it to him for resurfacing and for him to get the gaskets and parts for rebuild He also said the water pumps on these are a problem which might explain why there was no thermostat in mine when I got it obviously it had overheated and blew the head gasket wish I had known but that's the risk you take when you buy something not running and rely on the previous owner telling the whole story, We live and learn. ff1538
Hi Keith I was able to order the bearings from a dealer in RI. I should have them by end of week. they are coming from the West Coast. My engine seriel number must be close to yours I have HT-65 # 148 and the engine # is UE35141 JO 10023 P. When I gave hin the number ,he came right back with the numbers on my bearings.... Remember I told you the head gaskets were bad in some of those engines ,and when they sent out the replacements they sent out the bad ones again. In my case you want to make sure you put on a good oil filter if you can't find the perkins OEM one. The napa one just blew up and lost its shape becaube of the oil pressure settings on the safety valves. The China Racoon plant told me that filter can't be used on this engine. I am waiting to get the pressure number settings from perkins on the two valves. . I should be thru with this mess by next week. Thanks for the info
Got the preasure numbers for the engine relief valves. all checked out put the crank back together, new rod bearings. put the engine back in the skid steer and she fired right up. oil presure came in at 60 lbs, the engine run real smooth, did not have to bleed injectors. The cause of this mess was a bad defective napa gold oil filter. . I will persue the repair costs, with napa, . I don't expect much help out of them, but I plan to give it a try.
It happened again. Blew the gasket out of the Donalson filter. the oil pressure went to 20PSI and bang out went the gasket. This gasket was made of very hard rubber and the filter was made in Indonesia, It is definatly not good on the perkins engine. Ok now I picked up and installed a baldwin filter and it is woking fine. The quality of the Baldwin is 100%, much better looking top and gasket.The can has a much heavier feeling and look, and the oil holes on the top are in a different area than the two that blew out. The machine is working fine again.The oil pressure safety and pressure releif valve settings are right on the nose, So I can only assume it was junk oil flters that caused my grief.The only thing I can get out of china or Perkins is, only use a perkins filter on this engine or a filter approved by Perkins. But the approval list can't be obtained.