Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Radiator Recommendation Cat D4H

RodC ยท 2026-08-27 22:46

I'm going to need a radiator for this D4H, the bottom pan is looking bad. I think the bottom that fits this year is PN 1W-5665: TANK When I look it up I get a message This part has been indirectly replaced. Please consult your dealer for product replacement options. I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow, but I was curious if anyone else has a recommendation for a good replacement. D4H 1989 8PB03241

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2026-08-28 12:03

    The 1W-5665 Tank contains the oil cooler core. I see a replacement Part Number 7W-7436 but cannot see if that contains a cooler core or not.

  2. #2RodC2026-08-28 21:10

    Shows it as an indirect replacement. Maybe Ill call the dealer next week and see if it has the cooler.

  3. #3Joe H2026-08-28 22:24

    Indirect replacement mean might fit, might not ? Joe H

  4. #4RodC2026-08-28 22:49

    I think it means you have to make some "adjustments", or rig it up.

  5. #5reganj2026-08-29 20:49

    Is there an older radiator shop anywhere close to you?? It may be cost beneficial to you instead of trying to buy from CAT?? Hope this is helpful.