Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rain delays

Welder Dave · 2024-06-10 20:42

Has anybody else been put on hold for a month or more because it's too wet and keeps raining despite all attempts to dry things up? I want to just bang my head against the wall. It's beyond frustrating!

Replies4
  1. #1ahart2024-06-10 21:14

    We’ve been trying to plant crops since April, almost got done and they sprayed all the beans with 2,4-D and they were Dicamba beans so now we get to start over, trying to dry things up again to plant. Been a tough spring.

  2. #2terex herder2024-06-10 21:19

    Who's nickle gets to cover that oops?

  3. #3ahart2024-06-10 21:22

    Hopefully theirs, they’re wanting to just provide the seed for replant but I’m not in on that. I know that’s their cheapest way out which is why they offered it first. I’m more inclined to take the payment in fertilizer. Can’t really count on anyone to get something done right.

  4. #4Welder Dave2024-06-10 21:29

    All the talk about being a dry year because there wasn't much snow. I can pump water but the mud still needs time to dry. Dries for 2 days then more rain. Pretty close to giving up. It's really hard to get help and so far has been a losing battle anyways. Not sure if I should even keep trying. I just ache all the time now.