So dose anybody here use Rain X on there machine or personal vehicle?:beatsme I was thinking about using it on one of the Link Belts I run because the wind shield wiper is not the best and the design of the wiper dose not reach the upper left corner of the windshield. I was looking for the pros and cons of the product. Thanks.
I use it on a couple cranes we have. Its really good for a while. It seems to wipe off pretty fast though. You have to reapply it a lot. It also seems to eat wipers. If you have good wipers on your equipment its not worth using it. Just my opinion
I started using this other stuff thats supposed to do the same thing as rain-x, but you just spray it on, It seems to wear off really quick too. I try to keep a good wiper on the machine but i want something for all the other windows.
I've used Rain-X on cars, but not equipment. I think the dusty environment that most machines work in wears the Rain-x off quickly. You also need wind speed to blow the rain off the windshield. On a stationary machine, the water will bead and roll off, but you'll always be looking through raindrops.
I use aquapel. Much better . http://www.ppg.com/gls_aquapel/
I use Rain-X window washer fluid in my trucks. Works great. Rarely have to run the wipers. But it is the wind that makes the water move off the windshield so it might not work as well on stationary equip.
I use it on everything that has glass in it, including the mirrors. As said above, without the air movement to sheet the water off, it will normally just sit there. It does bead up differently though as in bigger beads but less of them. If you were to apply it to a vertical peice of glass then I think it would sheet off pretty well. I apply it every weekend to my trucks. It holds up very well but as has been said, the harsher environments take their toll and extra applications will be needed. The best combo I have found is to apply the Rain-X every weekend while using the the Rain-X washer fluid during the week. After several applications it tends to last longer between applications.
Rain X is good. The thing is that you generally don't drive fast enough in equipment to really have it work to its potential, part of the point of having stuff like Rain X is that it beads up and flies off without having to use the wipers constantly. We spray it on all of our windows of the patrol cars which helps a lot. It's nice having the water bead up in the back window and fly off when driving, our line of site is limited by the cages in the car, the guns in the way and any lights we have in the back window....having a window that has crud all over it just makes it worse. Of course it's important to see where we're going up front too! :drinkup Blake
i always have a spray bottle in the dump truck we me . i love it use it on the mirrors and all the glass, i use it as a window cleaner cleans the window and i put the rain-x on. but like people said the wipers take it off so if you apply it often you don't even need to use them ( unless its drizzleing not enough water on the window). i've never used it on a machine but i would think it would work fine if you put it enough on, cause i' ve been sitting in traffic not moving and the water still runs off the window:beatsme
Rain-X tends to build up as a deposit on glass or plexi-glass over time and it's hard on vinyl upholstery and parts. It works OK for a while on high speed autos, but slower speed stuff like dozers or even scrapers won't benefit much from it. I used it for a while in UTAH, but gave it up when side effects became apparent.
i use it on the ax i run works good my wiper dont go all the way to the to misses it by like a foot but works good
Sorry, I have been drinking due to other issues and this just cracked me up / tickled my fancy, depending on what part of the planet you are from. We just dont do guns like you do ! BUT you need to know where your goin
Atlas, glad to read that your in better spirits-if only for a little while. I said a prayer for you at church today, knowing all that you are going through. Happy birthday again, ZAXIS
I use Rain-X on my skidloader glass during the winter when I' m plowing. I pull the side windows out in the fall, clean them good and apply a good dose of it to outsides before putting them back in. It really helps the side and rear windows, all the bumps you hit work somewhat like the wind, but shaking the water down the windows.
I use on our vehicles, and it last just fine for me been 7 months since I put any one my truck. I don't use my wipers unless its really coming down and I clean my glass at every fill up. By doing so it really helps it last a long time. I've never seen any build up, but if there was I'm sure it would come off easy maybe a clay bar. I have yet to replace my wipers and my truck is over 2 years old and my wifes car is 3. NB where do you get Aquapel I didn't seen a dealer page or anything?