Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rainy day truck fixings

Old Doug ยท 2022-04-20 19:00

I drove my truck in the shop last night so it would be dry if it rained. This is a newer nicer truck than i usually buy but it steal has alot of stuff wrong or i wanted to do to it. I welded on safety chain D rings on the goose neck hitch i built. It need a chain guard for the winch chain drive . The Drivers door needed pins and bushings. I had removed the ash tray to make more room under the dash so the cover needed to be remounted. I steal have a big list of stuff to do and if it keeps raining i will get some more done.

Replies4
  1. #1crane operator2022-04-20 19:57

    Kodiak's use the same doors as the pickups of that era?

  2. #2Old Doug2022-04-21 09:10

    For the most part but the hinges may be different . I have put pins in pickups but they were also extended cabs maybe the ex cabs have different ones. I have been wrapping the striker pins with tape . I got some bushings but they were the wrong size so i need to find something to make work. After that i need to work on the wireing for the 7 pin trailer plug i have a plug for the gooseneck wired up. Then i put a air horn on it under the cab and put the valve in the cab corner but dont have the cable run for it . It dosent have a radio i have 2 new after market radios but i will have to build some thing to mount one on the dog house they will not fit in the dash or if the wiring is there in the dash i have some pickups in my junk yard if theirs would work.

  3. #34x4ford2022-04-21 21:22

    Aftermarket radio in some of those cabs depending on year went in center of dash where the cassette player would have been if equipped

  4. #4Old Doug2022-04-22 09:34

    I was looking at a pickup of the same year and the dash is not the same as the truck. I think my dash is like the 1988 pickup.I am building a box for the radio but i am not sure were i will mount it yet.