Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ran a track off !

Tinkerer ยท 2017-05-14 15:50

I guess this really is an example of a track run off ! https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1862422723997949

Replies14
  1. #1tpitt2017-05-14 19:18
  2. #2Jakebreak2017-05-14 19:41

    That's a good one have you ever seen the video of them standing a pipe layer back up and it takes off down the hill

  3. #3mowingman2017-05-14 20:38

    I have seen that. It disappears out of site way down the mountainside. I sure would like to see where it ended up. I believe that pipelayer runaway was somewhere in the old Soviet Union. While it was a dangerous situation, it makes me laugh every time I watch it.

  4. #4DIYDAVE2017-05-14 20:46

    When turning something over, always have an incident action plan...

  5. #5Ronsii2017-05-14 20:51

    Yep.... someone should have thought it out a little more.

  6. #6Jakebreak2017-05-14 21:24

    Oops someone goofed those up I mean if you look at it from a safety standpoint there's a lot that's going wrong there but I can't help but laugh at what people think sometimes and what they come up with to get out of a sticky situation

  7. #7digger242j2017-05-15 20:58

    Well, they all had their hardhats and their hi-vis vests on, so it must've been safe...

  8. #8Jakebreak2017-05-15 21:02

    Very true they did have proper ppe on

  9. #9CM19952017-05-15 22:29

    If the hoe would've just kept a hold of the strap..

  10. #10Ronsii2017-05-15 22:36

    Yeah, not sure what the guy in the hoe was thinking when he dropped the boom and bucket like that....

  11. #11CM19952017-05-15 22:41

    And he's lifting above his drive motors..

  12. #12Randy882017-05-16 23:08

    So how do you explain that to your insurance company?? its a good thing they filmed it, otherwise the boss might have a hard time visualizing how the whole thing happened.

  13. #13kenh2017-05-18 11:38

    Several videos about strap/chain/cable coming off the tooth. Another common failure is pull a stuck or broken vehicle straight ahead when a casual observation will show that the rear wheels will go off the side, into ditch or down the mountain a few thousand ft.

  14. #14xgiovannix122017-05-29 16:43

    haha had to share this one...