Last week my pickup started runing bad it turned out that it was a burn exhaust valve. I am going to stop useing it this spring i hope because it geting rusty so i took the head off and had one valve replaced and the seat ground. I got it back together around 4:30. Now for the problem i thought i would clean out the tool box. Its going to take half of tomorrow to get it out of the shop now.
Good thing its not a service truck and needing for work tomorrow.
I know how that go's Doug . The engine repair was easier than cleaning out & reorganizing the tool box . That needs to happen once in awhile . Hey ... a burnt valve in the engine is as good of a reason as any to clean out the tool box . Been there & done it !
and you will say..... that's where that is........ I forgot I had that........ What the h*ll did I keep that for? I'll throw it away today knowing full well I'll probably need it next week....lol.
When i started out with this pickup i built a box that went under the flat bed. It was small but i was trying to not have a box takeing up bed space. Then i meet my ex and she bought me this one i know it would be a catch all. I keep thinking i will seat down and make a list of stuff that needs to be in there.
Grandpa, I know EXACTLY what you mean.. I had a "tool borrower" at work.. we worked side by side for 15 years.. and was[is] my best friend for life.. When he finally retired, I kept looking for this and that, for months, just blaming it on the other guy.. and hitting the "strap-on man" when the need arose.. about 500.00 in tools after my friend left.. Well, one day the wheel fell off my tool box and I had to remove the bottom drawer to fix the wheel.. LOW AND BEHOLD.. there layed about 500.00 in tools that were BORROWED.. They fell out of the drawers and ended up UNDER the bottom drawer..
Lol,,,thepumpguysc, and you probably had already replace about half of them if your like me.... ha ha.
yup.. now I have 1000.00 worth of specialty tools.. lol
That remines me of the time i had some tools come up missing. I dont remember witch boy it was but my brother and 2 of are buddys had boys that were around 5 or so. There was a 350 chevy engine seting in the floor and one of the boys was messing with it. We were going to tear it apart some time so it didnt matter. The distbutor was taken out and the hole was uncovered. When we pulled the intake off it was pack full of tools.