Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Random thoughts

Honcho · 2020-10-11 06:04

Although I m afraid that this thread d be deleted. I think we need this kinda thread where may talk bout things not conected to each other, or smthing special. Look at this machine, these guys have good ideas. There are many other options.

Replies244
  1. #1Swetz2020-10-11 07:13

    Honcho, That is quite some machine!! One thing for sure...it is out of my price range

  2. #2Honcho2020-10-11 07:29

    Guess yes. But one day it goes old enough to be affordable for us plain guys

  3. #3John C.2020-10-11 10:15

    The machine appears to be what we call a swiss army knife. The problem with that type of machine is that they end up doing a lot of things OK but nothing really well. It also needs an auto lube system to keep grease in all those joints.

  4. #4KSSS2020-10-11 10:50

    That swing boom system is much like Takeuchi's FR series of excavators. Amazing what you can do with them, but as John C states a whole lot of grease zerks. The one add it doesn't have is an extendahoe. Pretty cool set up.

  5. #5repowerguy2020-10-11 12:16

    I agree with John C. here in that 20 years from now it will be a loose sloppy mess to try and run because that is too many pivots to grease and maintain. The weight of that has to be massive, a always stuck, rut making machine. With all those functions that would have to be like running an old Gradeall.

  6. #6Honcho2020-10-11 12:37

    My ordinary TLB has 50 pivots to griese. How much more do you think it has. perhaps five or eight more. I don t see much trouble in it. But priffit it brings , it has more options you may install electricity polls do loggin,

  7. #7Swetz2020-10-11 14:15

    I did notice in the video that there were hoses going to the pivot points. Not sure if there is a centrally located greasing center or automatic greasing.

  8. #8Welder Dave2020-10-11 14:39

    Hydrema has some neat ideas. The extra degree's of swing and being able to offset the boom would be very advantageous in a lot of applications. The articulated steering probably turns tighter too. Tons of machines have a lot of grease fittings. I don't think that's necessarily a reason to knock them. Rechargeable grease guns have made greasing much faster and easier. Some machines have eliminated grease fittings and when they pile up it's a lot more work to repair. Not many 20 year old backhoes or excavators aren't going to be just as sloppy with a lot less grease fittings. A lot of operators are too lazy to do daily greasing or just don't care since it's not their machine. Any machine is going to get stuck in the right conditions. It's not like every job is in the mud.

  9. #9JL Sargent2020-10-11 16:39

    Honcho, what are things like in your neck of the woods? Whats good for supper? Here its 70 degrees and cloudy and my wife made chicken n dumplings for supper last night. It was so good, I had it again for lunch today. Just wondering what things are like for you in another part of the world today?

  10. #10Vetech632020-10-11 19:27

    The vision over the front end looks weak to me. It’s definitely an ugly duckling.

  11. #11CM19952020-10-11 19:47

    Honcho why would you think this thread would be deleted? I thought it was an interesting concept. The only Hydrema machine I have operated is one of their little 2 axle dumpers with the rotating bed, handier than a shirt pocket. I'd like to have one in the fleet one day.

  12. #12joe--h2020-10-11 21:26

    What makes the grapple work? 1:49 in. Don't see any hoses to those small rams, is it magic? Joe H

  13. #13Welder Dave2020-10-12 02:43

    I don't understand how people can see a machine that isn't common in their neck of the woods and try to diminish it's usefulness or innovation without having seen one in person or using one. I think the adjustable offset boom and extra swing would be a great feature to have.

  14. #14berky2020-10-12 05:23

    Looks like a cool machine, but to me the backhoe boom looks very weak for the size and weight of the machine. Maybe is normal size but just because everything else is so big it looks small.

  15. #15DMiller2020-10-12 08:44

    Have to agree with others, looks nce when new, and yes will be a slopped mess in a few years as all those pivot points wear in, be lucky to maintain a strait line trench where to refurb all those pivots IF they still supported the parts chain would be GINOURMOUS as to expense and time alotted.

  16. #16aighead2020-10-12 10:19

    Man, loads of useful stuff on there! I love it! Would really love to have all those features, looks to me like it would change a lot of workflow. Don't know which part I like best but probably the extra rotation on the boom. Good stuff!

  17. #17Honcho2020-10-12 12:09
  18. #18Honcho2020-10-12 12:13

    I guess cause it is not conected to any thing special, just random thoughts.

  19. #19Honcho2020-10-12 12:15

    there are models with extender hoe either.

  20. #20Honcho2020-10-12 12:33

    Folks I dont really see much trouble to mantain bushings it propper time, we here pay much more dear for original backhoe parts cause they come with an extra tax. But it is worth it. Most important is to keep on in your field of business. When your back hoe or operator can do things that other refuse or can not, one becomes a man in demand. Once client hires you, he is gonna give you coupla more clients. Most contractor back hoe operators here are afraid to use a hydraulic hammer cause they care for a boom. I say it is ********, as long as it pays, work it. I use hydraulic every week three or more hours, got spoiled only one bushing. the one at the end of the arm. But very often ppl hire me cause I have a hammer and after I finish the job they give smthing else to do. to load the mess, do a crane works.

  21. #21Honcho2020-10-12 13:04

    Happy thanksgiving folks. And do you folks gather wild mashrooms and prepare them as an appetiser. We fry them, make mashroom soup, salt them. freeze,. Many ppl get poisoned and die, but still we do it. My wify is good at it. I can only tell three type of mashroom that are safe to eat. she knows more. These tree are most popular

  22. #22Honcho2020-10-12 13:05

    And also we go to the woods to colect chestnuts, they are best when fried

  23. #23DMiller2020-10-12 13:26

    We have Morels and False Morels here, Morels are beige and GREAT light taste when deep fried, Red or False Morels are poisonous and the nitwits STILL collect them eat them and complain of lips tingling go numb, get terribly puking sick. Can harvest Morels, Corals, Oyster and Chicken of the Forest here. The Department of Conservation offers FREE literature to keep from getting sick and the Nitwits ignore as usual.

  24. #24Honcho2020-10-28 11:36

    What vehicle do you preffer Ford or Chevrolet?

  25. #25DMiller2020-10-28 12:16

    Neither, why do you ask? I buy affordable, Comfortable and Not DODGE.

  26. #26JL Sargent2020-10-29 20:00

    Fried Chestnuts? We have a few American Chestnut trees here. You fry them in oil? I have a GMC pickup that I have worked on quite a bit. It has 270K miles on it. What's for supper? My wife makes a great seafood gumbo.

  27. #27Honcho2020-10-30 11:58

    Man you made me swallow. Though I wasn t hungry. It was simple today spaghetti n beef sroganoff. Peaces of beef in sauce.

  28. #28Honcho2020-10-30 11:59

    Why not dodge?

  29. #29Honcho2020-10-30 12:13
  30. #30DMiller2020-10-30 12:14

    Owned several over the years, Known several owners of them in last ten years, NOT going there. One in ten is worth it, My luck is I get one of the Nine NOT. Last GOOD Mopar I owned. 1969 W300, I Recabbed to a 1976 Club Cab, NO lift kit as chassis is same as the two tons, Straight Rails. 383 AFB NP435 main, Divorced NP205 with PTO, 3.73 Dana 70 Rear, Dana 60 Front upgraded to later model brakes.

  31. #31Honcho2020-10-30 12:18

    I guess it consume 5 gallon of gas per 100ml.

  32. #32mitch5042020-10-30 12:55

    more like 20 gallons per 100 miles! My 2500 GMC diesel doesn't get but 17 miles per gallon. I would love to have that old Dodge in just that condition, swap in a mechanical 5.9 and see how the mileage is.

  33. #33Honcho2020-10-30 13:26

    I personally don t recognise automatic gearshift. For me mechanik is most reliable, even if it fails to start just give im a good push and it goes. Never mind battary, of generator, plugs or other.

  34. #34JL Sargent2020-10-30 16:40

    The new Dodge Ram truck can come equipped with a 10 speed automatic transmission. That is a lot of speeds.

  35. #35john hofer2020-10-30 18:47

    Got an 08 duramax 472k haven't touched the motor yet.

  36. #36Welder Dave2020-10-30 18:53

    You just jinxed yourself.

  37. #37Honcho2020-10-31 06:43

    Most popular comercial vehicle in Russia is Ford Transit, while taxi drivers preffer chevrolett cruise. There are very little number of chevrolett vehicles I mean light cargo transporters

  38. #38DMiller2020-10-31 07:54

    The old Dodge averaged 14mpg at speed, was a beast off road down in Ozark Country working the old Dry Gladden Creek bottom south of Salem MO. Was little would stop it with less that would slow it down. 383 in low on low side just did not care, plenty of torque and the 26 gal. fuel tank I found off a old UPS Truck in a yard gave me time at work. Truck was nicknamed the Beast by dear friends of mine!!

  39. #39JL Sargent2020-10-31 08:14

    You sir are very lucky. At 300K usually injectors are in order at the least. Any work on transmission?

  40. #40john hofer2020-10-31 09:48

    All I've every done was two glow plugs , fan belt pulleys. front wheel bearing hubs,haven't touched the power train,two repaint , body work.

  41. #41Honcho2020-10-31 11:06

    Yep 300k is high time to change ingectors n ball bearings, perhaps preowner has done it, so tha it didn t come back to im

  42. #42DMiller2020-10-31 11:47

    Should have had body shop rust kill and replace the cab corners on my old Ford LONG ago, no coin or time at that time so was dismissed, Now needs a Cab I have no intention of changing. Engine had several under VC harness sets, a full set glow plugs, glow plug control, vacuum controls for 4wd and vacuum pump, misc tubing seals beyond the other recorded stuff.

  43. #43Honcho2020-10-31 13:45

    Thats mine, rebuilt its engine this summer, there are some items to take care of before cold comes. like compressor bearing, intercooler pipe, Cause I hate to do repairs winter time.

  44. #44Steve Frazier2020-10-31 15:43

    I noticed that too. My guess is internal plumbing similar to an excavator turntable.

  45. #45Honcho2020-11-02 10:30

    JL Sanders thanks gumbo tastes great. It was an ordinary monday work day, Got hydraulic hammer pipe burst, one that is under the cabin. Took three hours to dismount, buy new, and install it. And in an hour finished day planned work.

  46. #46Honcho2020-11-02 10:32

    I got three persimmon trees in my back yard, this year harvest is big.

  47. #47JL Sargent2020-11-02 10:36

    Looks great. For something different, try making a roux first. Then make your stew, or gravy, or gumbo with that roux. Here is a video about making roux.

  48. #48Honcho2020-11-04 04:07

    Hi folks so who is to win ellections, never mind my meddling

  49. #49JL Sargent2020-11-04 09:00

    It's too close to say!

  50. #50MinnesotaDave2020-11-04 09:33

    That machine is crazy - I like it

  51. #51Honcho2020-11-04 11:20

    Pleasure to watch...

  52. #52Honcho2020-11-21 05:36

    Well Could you folks tell me what do call. Well look there is 4w stear. fw stear. But when loader stear with it s frame.

  53. #53DMiller2020-11-21 06:39

    Articulated

  54. #54Honcho2020-11-22 02:21

    Milk, toast n hunney, make rainy day sunny. Good morning from Russia folks. What s for breakfast.?

  55. #55Honcho2020-11-22 02:36

    Covid19. Second round, many sick ppl in my city. My bro and whole his family are sick, he and his wify are in regional hosp. At my work one man of 47 died a week ago, . about four other ppl I ve known died also. Me n my wify took vaccine shots. My daughter and her husb are not sick but are virus carrier, got positive results. Every day I take a antivirus medicine just to suppres it if I get infected. And every evening we do pine oil inhalation. Put four drops of oil into a boiled water and breath fumes weth face covered over it. No panic outside still not many ppl wear a face mask. only in shops. Mostly older ppl and those who have heart and lung decease got died/

  56. #56John C.2020-11-22 09:33

    We have a lot of people sick according to the news people. My son in law caught it and brought it home from work. He was pretty sick but fought it off pretty well. It went through the rest of that family. None of them got real sick at all. Most people are wearing masks when I go to the stores. Everyone on work sites has a mask and puts it on when someone gets close. We do have people who protest and gather to make noise so the media can record and broadcast it. Around here most seem to be church people. There have been a wide range of ages in people who are dying around here. I know of a couple my client's who have lost relatives to the disease. Stay well and healthy.

  57. #57JL Sargent2020-11-22 11:37

    It's beef stew for supper tonight. Beautiful weather here lately. Lows in the 50s at night and highs in the 70s F. during the day. Everybody around here is tired of the Corona Virus. We wear masks when we have to. We have not been sick. We have been around some who got it though. Maybe we are lucky. We do take vitamins and immune booster with Vitamin D gummies every day. No vaccine is available to us yet here. My dad is 81 year old and he needs the vaccine.

  58. #58Honcho2020-11-22 12:04

    In Russia there is three vaccine from covid, but its production started very recently, and it s not wide awailable.

  59. #59JL Sargent2020-12-02 11:45

    23 Degrees F. last night here. That's pretty cold. Honcho, how cold is it in Russia where you are?

  60. #60old-iron-habit2020-12-02 21:15

    Went ice fishing on Red Lake today. Eight inches of good ice. No vehicles yet, everybody is just walking out pulling the portable fabric fish shelters. No bites in first hour and a half. The wind switched and started blowing from from the north. We were a half mile out from the south shore. We heard a lot of cracking and a pressure ridge started growing between us and shore. It grew to 18" high in a couple minutes. We packed it in and headed in. There was a crack 8" wide and pulsating blowing water skyward. I slid the shelter sled across the crack and we butt shimmied across. The dog did not like the pressure ridge and I had to help him. I am to dang old to run and jump open water any more on pressure cracks. When we drove away a hundred or so fisherman were walking in, but there was still over 300 portable houses out there most of whom had walked out a mile or more. Happily fishing away probably saying, "good thing we brought the house in this cold wind". I'll have to watch the news tonight to see if they got stranded. Happens nearly every year at some point and many never learn.

  61. #61stinky642020-12-03 01:03

    o-i-h, several years ago my uncle and I were lucky enough to get a ride in an Erie county sheriff's helicopter when the wind switched up and separated the shore ice near Buffalo...We were fishing a mile out on 2 feet of ice slamming slobber jack perch until the whirlybird showed up...cost us 500 bucks for the ride and we also had to leave our gear and all those tasty perch..luckily my uncle went out and retrieved the gear 2 days later when the wind shifted again, but some kind of winged critter or other stranded angler must have feasted on the fish....there were several guys who camped out in their huts for a couple of days because they didn't want to abandon their snow machines and 4 wheelers...when will we ever learn sometimes mother nature doesn't play fair.....

  62. #62old-iron-habit2020-12-05 14:18

    Most important thing is that we still play. I just try to be a bit more aware of the changing conditions. We occasionally sit out a snow storm in the fish house after the lakes are froze up solid. At least once, the day got long when the bite stopped at the same time the Dish Tailgater satellite didn't work because of the heavy snowfall.

  63. #63stinky642020-12-05 18:56

    No dish on the ice? say it ain't so......Remember being out on an ice flow with just an old tarp and some maple saplings for a windbreak...we only had a fire so the beer wouldn't freeze.....ahhh the good old days....

  64. #64mitch5042020-12-05 19:50

    No offense intended, but I firmly believe anybody who goes outside for fun when the temp is below freezing is insane!

  65. #65old-iron-habit2020-12-05 20:04

    All the diehards have satellites in the fish houses. My wife loves to fish but she is also a football fanatic. Happy wife equals happy life. It does help if the fishing gets slow or I can't sleep. We don't do much beer. Maybe a Margarita to celebrate now and then Life is good.

  66. #66old-iron-habit2020-12-05 20:17

    So, are you saying that you are not interested in the vintage motocross races running studs on the snow covered track on New Years day

  67. #67stinky642020-12-05 21:37

    Mitch, up here in the chilly regions do all kind of dumb crap...aside from the frosty fishing,there's 8 of my clan that camps for at least the weekend or more in tents in february for the last 40 years... talk about brain dead...and whatever libation keeps ya hydrated is AOK with me, I'm usually good with bubbles inside and a hole in the top....urp...

  68. #68edgephoto2020-12-06 10:27

    I would much rather deal with cold than hot and humid.

  69. #69stinky642020-12-06 13:13

    I'm with you, I'd rather have to put on three layers than cook in the sweltering heat..these days anything over 75 degrees changes my normally "pleasant" demeanor...I've got a sister that lives near charlotte n.c. and when I visit in the fall or winter everyone is all wrapped up when it's 65 degrees, they look at me like I'm crazy with just a t-shirt...all about acclimation man..

  70. #70mitch5042020-12-06 14:03

    Yeah, Charlotte gets just a little cold for me, last time I was there for any time, I started my pickup and let it idle, the hot defroster cracked the windshield. Another time, somebody broke my driver's window to steal my bag phone, I had to drive 5 hrs home in freezing rain with a garbage bag over it. I think about Charlotte, I start shivering.

  71. #71stinky642020-12-06 20:06

    That's not a cold shiver, that's the shiver of disgust....bag phone?? it's been some time since you've been to charlotte....yeah I had one..........

  72. #72CM19952020-12-06 20:40

    Mitch I've got a perfectly working Motorola brick cell phone if you need to replace that bag phone. PM me.

  73. #73stinky642020-12-06 20:58

    On the subject of temperature let's check in with Honcho, the feller who started this thread for a Russian weather update....Stinky to Honcho......you out there?????

  74. #74edgephoto2020-12-06 21:00

    When the weather gets above 75 I get miserable. The A/C goes on at that that point. i work outside all winter. When it drops below 20 I get cold.

  75. #75Honcho2020-12-12 11:28

    Now you know that it is better to leave car door not locked.

  76. #76Honcho2020-12-12 11:45

    In the house. What of a tempreture well south Russia it is like northern USA, not Alaska of course. It is humide and windy here, most of the ppl in the town have had a covid. I had a high tempreture for 10 days, stayed home on a pay leave, funny but pay leave is payed the same as if I work. Lucky me my wify is a medic did all things as vein injections of antibiothics, when it is made in the muscle it has no cure. only in veindirect. This week I spent at work. Backhoe battery was very low but it started, an idea for you guys when battery is low to start engine from key ignition, turn the key and make a short cut at the starter, less power lose. In that case i have had prepared a peice of cable connected to relay and I only need to make a short to +. Suppose I explaine it right. I keep this wire well isolated and tied. Well today we have had a garfish for supper very easy to cook cause it has no scales has not fishy smell, goes best with mashed potatoes, and dry white vine. Wish you all the best, n never get sick.

  77. #77stinky642020-12-13 19:11

    What a combination, Honcho fixes machines, wify fixes people... garfish, smashers and white wine??? I indulged in the pierogi platter and Molson Canadian from our local country gin mill...

  78. #78Honcho2020-12-14 10:27

    Man I fix ground, thanks any way.And I either like gin, stright only.

  79. #79Honcho2020-12-31 10:37

    Made a crank case ventilation filter myself out of kitchen dish clean metalic sponge and then put it s cover on two component glue

  80. #80Honcho2020-12-31 10:41

    Opps double post, . I just wanted to say that it costed me $3.

  81. #81JL Sargent2020-12-31 10:54

    Looks good Honcho. Happy New Year!

  82. #82Honcho2020-12-31 11:14

    four hours left, everything is ready. good riddance with this year, it was bad. happy new year to you too.

  83. #83nova4812021-01-01 11:14

    Happy New Year Everyone

  84. #84Honcho2021-01-01 13:48

    yeah man it is great in the new 2021 year, no news of covid, war, bombings,yet. Sometimes I wonder what d be the first bad or good news I hear. We in Russia have 10 days hiliday. I m on a stand by alert, for 5 days. then my buddy d change me. I got 30 % payment while I stay home. If called to work 200%.

  85. #85JL Sargent2021-01-01 15:27

    Honcho, you and your wife have any kids? My wife and I have one son, Auston. He just turned 17.

  86. #86Honcho2021-01-02 10:18

    My daughter to be 30 this year. She has a spouse he is third after captain in a trade fleet. He works mostly on foreign lines. 6 mothes in seas and then 4 monthes at home. Many times he was in USA. Daughter works as an English teacher in a private school. I tell her that she d never make real money by working herself. To make money one got to work with other ppl hands. I mean her, to open her own school. That s us. Don t wonna share daughter s pic without her knowing it.

  87. #87Honcho2021-01-02 10:19

    Sorry for old pic but thats best.

  88. #88Honcho2021-01-02 10:21

    Man you got a beautifull wife. Take care of her.

  89. #89JL Sargent2021-01-02 10:33

    Thank you. As do you my friend.

  90. #90Honcho2021-01-10 00:36

    My last vacation day, tomorrow back to work.

  91. #91Tinkerer2021-01-10 09:49

    That's a good thing, Honcho ! Think of all that money. Be careful !

  92. #92JL Sargent2021-01-10 10:30

    Life is good. You have a job.

  93. #93Honcho2021-01-11 10:30

    A freind of mine went huntin on 4 wd fell in a ditch, CALLED ME FOR A HELP. I was out of jod tolt my chief and got a permission for an hour. After all that rain I couldn t reach im road is nurrow and steep. I hardly got meself out of that mess. Getting outa there road was uphill clay got wet there was no way to go on my four. Had to pull myself by bucket, hydraulic is weak to compare with Cat it simply can not to pull itself out by hydraulic. I started to cut wet clay to dry a little the road.it took me 2 hours meter by meter. I got out there. Right in time to start workn. A freind had to hire anither tractor to make a passage to him and to pull him outa there, this hunting gonna cost him dear. Fortunately he wasn t far from city.

  94. #94JL Sargent2021-01-11 12:22

    Sounds like an expensive hunting trip. Glad you got out. Wet clay can be very slippery. Be safe.

  95. #95JL Sargent2021-01-17 07:44

    Hey Honcho, have you seen the Russian tv show Мажор. We just watched it on Netflix. It's a good show.

  96. #96Honcho2021-01-17 10:32

    JL. nope, I don t like that kinda things.

  97. #97Honcho2021-01-17 10:36

    I like survival, combat, nature, history, weapons, and misterious crime investigations.

  98. #98Honcho2021-03-24 15:17

    Have a nice day folks.....

  99. #99JL Sargent2021-03-24 15:45

    I like how the art works with the music.

  100. #100Honcho2021-03-25 14:39

    I wish I could have one of those paintings

  101. #101Honcho2021-08-08 06:11

    Hi folks. Tomorrow got to change my backhoe breakes. I ll provide some pics. Wrong type of oil was used in a rear axile. So they got bad three times sooner. I told them bout it but no one cares. Now let them pay it. Though I don t think that it makes any good. Cause it is municipal backhoe. It is only me who gonna **** arround.

  102. #102JL Sargent2021-08-08 12:29

    Hey Honcho, how have you been doing? Are you staying busy at work?

  103. #103mbavers2021-08-08 21:00

    I sure could have used that double rotating boom for some roadside ditching I did this summer with my Case 580. I wonder if this would take a 24" bucket. I think my 580 would maneuver almost as tightly as this, without articulated steering.

  104. #104Honcho2021-08-11 14:28

    Not finished yet. Took axile out dismantled one side changed breakpads. Need to change croos joints not sure if I translate it right, but I guess you ll understand what I mean. Got tired hammering then, to remove the cups. One of steel O rings that fix semi- axis. Was damaged due to many time use. Always change it for new one. most troubling thing for me was to remove a main shaft seal. But I found a way to pool it out. By welding a 1. 5 inch metalik pipe to it and pulling it out. or hammer it out from inside. Tomorrow will continue. I don t like the transmission oil they buy it looks like dextron 3 that is mainly used in automatic gear. I guess oil for heavy duty axile got to be more thik. In a manual it is SAE 80W140..While dextron 3 is not an oil it is fluid. I guess it is a bad idea to use it in a rear axile . Though merchant swares to me that it is right . My rear exile is Carraro.

  105. #105Honcho2021-08-11 14:30

    Second pic it is how I pulled out a seal.

  106. #106Swetz2021-08-11 15:12

    Honcho, That is not brakes . If I remember correctly, you have a new holland. Both axles take 134D.

  107. #107Honcho2021-08-12 11:59

    This is from my manual.

  108. #108mbavers2021-08-12 12:22

    я бы хотел прочитать это. с наилучшими пожеланиями

  109. #109Swetz2021-08-12 12:54

    That is very interesting! Not sure why they would spec it differently. I was always told that the wet brakes would not hold up with regular gear oil. Obviously, that cannot be true if they spec it in Russia.

  110. #110Honcho2021-08-12 15:07

    with that 80w140 brakes last 6000 hours on hill terraine where brakes are used very much.

  111. #111Honcho2021-08-12 15:10

    What exactly you are interested in.

  112. #112Honcho2021-08-12 15:15

    Here it is clear for me that they specially give you recommendations to use wrong type oil in order to shorten your backhoe mantanance interval. Cause with wrong type oil it lasts little over 2000hr. Sometimes I hate merchants.

  113. #113Honcho2021-08-15 05:39

    When opening exile watch carefully for gear wheel position, how many brake disks are on outer side and inner side. Brake discs are put on it from both sides. and a metalic plates between them.

  114. #114Honcho2021-08-30 12:09

    Folks weird question came to my mind why talibs dont suffer from COVID, without social distance, masks, and vaccine.

  115. #115nova4812021-08-30 13:24

    Hi Honcho The whole world is weird. Common sense seems to be lacking everywhere. Ron

  116. #116John C.2021-08-30 15:16

    They think that their version of heaven will be better than here on earth.

  117. #117nova4812021-09-23 08:43

    Hi everyone I’ve been watching these videos of a family building a 5 acre pond for their pet bass in Alabama. It’s pretty interesting. Ron

  118. #118Vetech632021-09-23 10:25

    I wonder if ill have 72 virgins waiting on me? If so the wife is going to be super pissed,!

  119. #119Welder Dave2021-09-23 11:16

    How does anybody know if the Taliban get covid or not? Would be good if they did get it and their numbers decreased. I don't think they'd advertise if some of them got it.

  120. #120Bluox2021-09-23 13:27

    Yea and they will all be boys. Bob

  121. #121aighead2021-09-23 15:48

    Thanks for sharing @nova481 I'm in the planning stages of my existing pond rebuild and I'm sure these videos will be fascinating but also frustrating due to what has to be an almost unlimited budget.

  122. #122Honcho2021-10-10 12:05

    Hi folks. Gonna fix front loader distributor. It leaks badly. It is under cabin, has anybody done it., any clues. And one more extender hoe sliders would have to chage either, Better do it before winter comes.

  123. #123JL Sargent2021-10-10 15:50

    I could only imagine it gets cold at your house in the winter.

  124. #124Honcho2021-10-13 13:11

    Frost is nothing to compare with cold wind. Especially when you live in a humid area. When it is cold here, it means it. Coworker got his hip bone fractured after he got in trenche collapce. it was 8 feet deep he could have died. We dug im out with spades. Hospital didin t do a suggery until they got a covid test it took almost a week with all other tests. But now now he is well on recovering.

  125. #125Honcho2021-10-21 11:41

    On manday found out that one of the U bearing lock has partly come out. Perhaps I didn t fix the lock properlly, last time when I served brakes. So I went to a turner and made an additional cap lock put some hi temperature grease and wheld it . I guess it will work.

  126. #126JL Sargent2021-10-21 17:22

    Hope it works a long time.

  127. #127Honcho2021-10-21 23:57

    I didn t weld it hard. only two small dots. And cups made little bigger so that weld it little on side. I guess you got it.

  128. #128JL Sargent2021-10-26 17:05

    Hey Honcho, how are things where you are today? Weather nice? Work going good? Here, we have 65 Degrees F. and sunny skies. I've been cutting grass today at my son's school. I do that without pay just to help out some. I"ve tried to teach my son we should help there when we can. It's 4pm here and I'm about to light the grill outside to cook chicken hot wings for supper tonight. Anyway, hope you are good.

  129. #129nova4812021-12-24 07:44

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone, you guys are the best. Hopefully 2022 will be better here in the USA and the rest of the planet. Ron

  130. #130Honcho2021-12-24 22:52

    Merry Cristmas from Russia.It is early mornig here, woke up, heavy wind storm, went out to check out how is my roof, it is fine. Wify is on night shift, it is lazy saturday morning, no urgent things to be donne at the house,. Last two weeks I m out of work waiting for my spare parts to come. Just go to work, spend my time there, hepling other guys if needed. But mostly playing backgammon. Never thought that staying out of work is so tiresome. Wish you guys best in this comig new 2022 year, a lot of highly paid work, and reliable machine under your seat. This is a forest keeper pic

  131. #131edgephoto2021-12-25 00:27

    Merry Christmas all!!

  132. #132T-town2021-12-25 13:04

    Thanks for the pic Honcho...... .......makes me look at all the stumps I have sitting in a clump in the woods a whole new way....... i'll have to see what I can come up with

  133. #133Honcho2022-01-03 11:32

    happy new year to every resident. Fellas I wanted to check out quality of fuel filters I use. But couldn t find any info about how many micron are my filters. they differ from 2-to 20 micron . What kinda fuel filters do you fellas use , and what is their quality. here are mine

  134. #134aighead2022-01-04 09:58

    Happy New Year to you Honcho!

  135. #135JL Sargent2022-01-04 10:03

    Happy New Year! I use the JD fuel filters in my JD. Never had a problem, but I don't know the microns.

  136. #136Honcho2022-01-05 00:02

    I want to install it on my car.

  137. #137Honcho2022-01-06 10:12

    Hey fellas. I guess every one of us has a chainsaw. What brand do you fellas use. Mine is Poulan. Function more than 15 years, but I guess it s days are over. Not that it fails me, i just need smth more powerful. Perhaps another one. Issue is that here I can not find a reliable chaisaw. Everything that a lay my eyes on are made in China. wheather it is Husq, or Stihl. My old one was assambled in USA. Tell me guys do they still manufacture it in USA, or it all went out.

  138. #138aighead2022-01-06 10:54

    Seems as though most is made in China for everything. I think some places hold their factories, in China, to higher standards but it's hard telling which those are. I'm a home use chainsaw-er. I don't make any money from it so it's mid-high end home grade, I don't burn much firewood either so it doesn't get the workout that a lot of saws get. I have a Husqvarna 455 that I'm very pleased with. It's easy to start, light enough, and comfy enough to use for a while. It does seem to be missing a little bit of the torque that I've heard Stihls have, but I can usually overcome that with speed and a sharp chain. I do buy the pre-mixed fuel because I forgot to add the oil once and it locked the saw up, but other than my dumb mistakes it's been a good saw.

  139. #139Tinkerer2022-01-06 10:58

    There are 1900 people employed in Virginia Beach, Virginia USA making and distributing Stihl chainsaws and other products. I own 4 Stihl chainsaws

  140. #140John C.2022-01-06 11:07

    I bought my Stihl somewhere around 1980. It's an 028 and doesn't have any of the safety or easy start features you find on the stuff today. I don't use it much anymore but it will still start up after a couple of pulls on the cord and has all the power that it did when I bought it new. I fix the neighbor's saws from time to time and it seems the only troublesome ones have American names on them. The worst of the issues though are worn out items like clutches, bars and chains. I've seen one where the bolts holding the cylinder to block came loose and could never be held tight ever again. The ones with the European names seem to be far better engineered to run and last.

  141. #141Swetz2022-01-06 11:45

    like John C. and others, I have Stihl saws. Started in 1984 with a Homelite. Put it away for a couple of years and it didn't work anymore (bad gas and needed carb work). Talked the wife into buying me a Stihl 029 saw for like $300 USD, probably in 1990. I have used that saw a lot (as a homeowner with a wood stove), and it runs like a champ today. Problem is, I ran it over with my TLB. All the parts are still available to fix it (mostly plastic pieces, covers and such), but a bit pricy. So, I looked on Craigslist and found a MS290 (almost the same saw) for $100. This was less than the parts I needed, so I bought it. The saw was almost new, so I never did move the parts. Just changed the fuel cap (they seem to always leak on the newer MS saws), filled it with gas and began cutting. Works as well as the old 029. The above being stated, my son loves Husqvarna saws and owns several. My other son has a Poulan, and it is a light duty saw that he uses for incidental sawing as a homeowner. He likes it. None of the 3 brands of saws owned by myself and 2 sons are made in China. I understand the newest Stihl is of the same size as my MS290 (maybe MS291??) is made in Germany.

  142. #142T-town2022-01-06 17:37

    ...... always something.. I've left 'em on a fender.... but have yet to run over one We use Stihls... have for quite a long time. Though I did pick up a cheap Echo 14" for limbing tops...and that is getting more work these days. Was using it to cut some pt 2x4's today. Use the ethanol free gas.

  143. #143Swetz2022-01-06 18:09

    True but funny story... I read a post on here about a guy that left his chainsaw in his bucket, then forgot it was there, and started to use the front loader and destroyed his saw. I used to leave it in the front loader till I read that post. Well, I decided to put it along side the front tire...bad move. I was working with the hoe. Well, I needed to pull forward, so I started to, and heard crunch. I assume that the front tire caught the edge of the saw and threw it in front of the tire. By the time I heard it, the damage was already done. It still runs, however, the chain brake plastics are disconnected from the saw as is the top front of the saw, and the handle. I could be easily be fixed, however, the parts saw runs so good, I never got around to swapping parts. An added tidbit...I had watched videos and read about the muffler mod., but never wanted to do it because I didn't want to mess up my good 20+ year old saw. When I bought the parts saw and it ran, I said what the heck, so I did the mod. I can tell you that it does work, and has not messed up anything at this point. Really wakes up the engine!!

  144. #144Swetz2022-01-06 18:10

    Agreed!!! That is all I use in all of my offroad equipment.

  145. #145Tinkerer2022-01-06 20:37

    Here is a LINK to some really cheap chainsaw parts that I have purchased. A carburetor for a Stihl saw for $10.78. I couldn't see any difference in their $22.93 piston kit and an OEM when I had them on my workbench.

  146. #146Swetz2022-01-07 06:39

    Thanks Tinkerer!! When this happened, I was looking at the Chinese parts on Amazon too. These are cheaper tho! So, for about $50.00 plus what ever they charge for shipping will get the parts. Problem is, I have the "parts saw" that runs as new. I could prolly buy the parts and sell the old 029, but that aint happening!!...LOL I did bookmark the site for future stupidity!!

  147. #147stinky642022-01-07 12:46

    Recently rebuilt an old 026 pro that a neighbor gave to me when I showed him the lateral gouges in the piston through the exhaust port, he didn't want to spend the loot to rebuild that "crappy old saw"...Replaced jug with an oversize jug/piston assy. split the cases and replaced the seals just for good measure..also ported the muffler, why not...once together I couldn't get the saw to idle once warm, problem with the 026 was the carbs only have an idle and low speed adjusting screw and with the mods I made just couldn't tweak er enough...I've used the chinesium carbs to rebuild other saws before so ordered a " walbro style" 3 screw carb on the ebay for $13 delivered,what a deal..got that new carb on and the saw sprung to life on the second or third pull, sweet...still couldn't get the saw to idle when it warmed up, well I have rebuilt many saws especially Stihls and was a little perplexed but I don't like being beaten by any machine so I decided to order the pricier genuine Walbro wt-194 carb for about $70 and shazamm, saw idles and runs like a raped ape....lesson learned...When it comes to my stuff I'll spend the extra loot for oem carbs/rebuild kits,fuel lines etc... If it's for someone else I'll use the cheaper stuff if they want, but everything comes with a tail light guarantee, they usually spring for the extra $..My saw stable consists of 039, two ms 290's,028, 026 pro,and the cute little ms 170 for limbing, I love them orange and white things...

  148. #148Honcho2022-01-27 13:42

    A heavy sea storm destroyed a fish farm. 300.tonns of trout got loose . almost whole city is out at the sea side fishing. Tomorrow I m going too.

  149. #149JL Sargent2022-01-27 14:11

    That's funny. I hope you all catch lots of fish!

  150. #150JL Sargent2022-01-27 14:17

    Thanks Tinkerer. I'm gonna give them a try. I have a Husky 272 and a 61. That shows those two saws sharing nearly every part. Didn't know that! I have way too many chainsaws though.

  151. #151cuttin edge2022-01-27 14:25

    If you drop your car keys in lava, forget about them, cause man....they're gone.

  152. #152stinky642022-01-27 14:30

    Honcho take a can of corn with you fishing and use for bait.. Around here when they stock the hatchery trout into the local streams we put corn on the hook then throw a handful of gravel from the bank at the water and the trout go into a feeding frenzy just like feeding time at the hatchery, you may have to throw more gravel if you're fishing in the sea...

  153. #153ianjoub2022-01-27 17:52

    Husqvarna man here. I bought my 55 brand new in 1999. I slammed it on the ground in anger and broke it last year. I replaced it with a T435 top handle with 12" bar and a 576 xp with 20", 24" and 36" bars.

  154. #154NH575E2022-01-27 19:37

    I still have an old Craftsman saw. Recently bought a 20V Dewalt pole saw. It's pretty handy. Trying to sell my boat.

  155. #155Honcho2022-01-28 11:20

    Ian that hand bar looks proffesional. I m looking for one with 18 inch chain bar.

  156. #156Honcho2022-01-28 11:52

    Stinky, that trick with a gravel sounds great, especialy when net fishing . what of bait ,,we here use shrimp for it. Here my brothers pic.

  157. #157JL Sargent2022-01-28 12:24

    I went there collected 1/2 doz parts in my cart for $30.00. That was fine. Shipping? Another $27.00? This was mostly plastic parts. Back to Ebay I guess.

  158. #158cuttin edge2022-01-28 13:48

    For a chain saw, I wouldn't own anything but a Stihl, but at work, you can't beat a Husqvarna for a chop saw. As long as you keep them clean for cooling, use super gas and a good mix oil. Some days it's start, and full throttle till she runs out of gas, fill up and go again cutting asphalt. We've had a few Stihls, and they don't like being worked like that.

  159. #159ianjoub2022-01-28 15:20

    They are both pro series saws. The T435 is an arborist saw, super light weight for climbing and top handle so it can be easily used one handed.

  160. #160Clawed Backster2022-01-28 17:44

    Husqvarna 359 here. Bought it new about 18 years ago. It has cut 7 or 8 cords of wood per year ever since. I have never done anything to it besides replacing air filters and chains. Still starts easily, and runs great. 24 inch bar BTW.

  161. #161JL Sargent2022-02-22 13:50

    How is Honcho doing?

  162. #162Honcho2022-02-23 13:17

    Today is Russia armed force universary day. We ve bbq, and all that. And just recently we welcommed former Ukrainian rebel states back to a safe harbour of Russia, woaaaaa.

  163. #163Honcho2022-02-23 13:26

    And how are you too JL, how is your wife and son. ? Here winter is coming to an end. Minor lossed from covid19, this last wave is more easy to cure. ppl mostly get treated at home. Wify being a nurse , hava plenty of side work, medics gonna make fortune these years, All my relatives are fine, my soon to be son in law coming back from overseas at the end of this month. I told my daughter to have good look at the floor, cause she s gonna be looking at ceiling quite long....

  164. #164JL Sargent2022-02-23 14:20

    Ah, so that's what is going on? We heard it was an invasion??? We are doing good here. Hope Winter is about over for us too. My kid is on his schools baseball team and we hope the rain stops and we can go to games soon.

  165. #165Honcho2022-02-27 02:19

    We call it peace enforcement. Ukraine wants to join nato.We may not let it happen, cause next thing would be a conflict with the nato. So it is a small war to avoid bigger. Nato has come too close to our boarders.

  166. #166doublewide2022-02-27 06:00

    What ever it is Honcho, I hope you and your family are safe and wish you health and prosperity in this coming year!

  167. #167Honcho2022-03-03 14:28

    Thank you all guys.

  168. #168John C.2022-03-03 14:37

    Start packing in rations. It's going to be a rough ride for a few of years. Wars are not fought to prevent other wars, even though most political rulers want to sway their population with that bit of propaganda.

  169. #169kshansen2022-03-03 15:17

    I think I will stay out of this before I get banded from the forum!

  170. #170Tinkerer2022-03-03 19:36

    Me too !

  171. #171JL Sargent2022-03-04 16:04

    I understand Russia just blocked Facebook. You still there Honcho?

  172. #172Honcho2022-03-31 13:17

    Yep I m fine. It is worthless to exchange rumors about Ukraine war, cause west media cover it quite differently. When all fuss comes down there would more true reports. Right now media just demonise Russia. Today I ve been changing driveshaft bearings. Boon cilinder started to leak slightly. And how are you Sarge, how is your family, I guess an easter is coming. Our easter is in april 24 I guess. Weather is turnig better with everyday.

  173. #173JL Sargent2022-03-31 14:06

    We are good. I just moved a big rock with the backhoe to use as a very large stepping stone. I placed it to help my 83 yr old father to step out of his Kawasaki Mule when he comes to visit. My son is starting college in the Fall. He will move to a dorm room at the University. We are a little nervous about that. Anyway, it is good to see you on here. Glad you are doing well. Hope you don't get drafted!

  174. #174aighead2022-04-01 06:21

    Honcho, glad you are doing alright. I hope you keep in mind that not all of us believe and are in agreement with our "western media" (not speaking for the folks here at HEF, but in general). I've learned to not believe much of anything without researching in lots of less-known venues due to the habits of the media attempting to brainwash us or trick us into believing things that aren't true or real. 1984 is very real nowadays, the amount of doublespeak we all deal with is nuts.

  175. #175Tinkerer2022-04-01 09:57

    Politics had best be left out of HEF threads or you will all be banned !

  176. #176Honcho2022-04-01 12:25

    Gotcha. Gladd to hear you all guys. Serg. Once when we were cleanin river bed, I found very big flat stone it was aprox 6ft long, 3 ft wide and 8-9 inch thick. I wanted to make a table in my back yard. But got a nice price offer so I sold it.

  177. #177melben2022-04-01 16:03

    Good to hear from you Honcho, that would have been nice, I have seen people with large tables made out of one piece of large wood stained, looks real nice, never thought of using stone!

  178. #178digger242j2022-04-02 10:10

    Yeah. What Tinkerer said.

  179. #179Honcho2022-04-02 10:32

    Well, melben, Here one more story. Once I worked at an old pier dismantle works. I worked with a hydraulic hammer breaking it to big pieces. There were divers working with us they cut beton reinforcements underwater. and then I pulled beton posts from underwater. And they found even more older oak posts on the bottom. I guess that pier was built on them as constructure for beton works. I don t know how long it had been there, but folks said that pier was at least 60 years old. Well when oak is kept underwater for long it becomes dark blue or black.and very hard. We drugged many very many of them out . Cheif took it all to him he said he is gonna make a kitchen furniture out it. I felt pissed off for I couldn t get any to meself.

  180. #180Honcho2022-05-01 15:23

    Weird thing came to my mind ceramic toilet bowl cost $100, ceramic tooth $1000.

  181. #181melben2022-05-01 15:49

    Honcho, many years ago I had 3 front teeth knocked put by a Wisconsin engine crank ( they were a manufacturer of air cooleds here), I needed a tooth repair and it involved the bridge that was installed using anchor teeth on each end. They wanted $7000.00 ton replace the permanent bridge, I said not at 77 yrs of age are you putting that much money in my mouth. They finally filled the tooth in question a whole lot cheaper. $265 was the damages when it was all said and done.

  182. #182doublewide2022-05-01 18:10

    Well, that's a random thought.

  183. #183joe--h2022-05-01 18:27

    Wonder was he on the throne when that one popped up? Joe H

  184. #184JL Sargent2022-05-01 19:46

    Melben, you seem to be mentally strong for 77. Good for you. My did retired yesterday at 83. He has been a barber for 62 years and is still sharp as well!

  185. #185melben2022-05-01 21:12

    Thank You JL, I had a long career with the Case although not at the CE contract level, most of my career was with skid steers and the 530 through the N series and the hydraulic end was no problem but the computerized part of it was the line drawn in the sand so to speak. There is not much I have not seen in the years and my goal is to pass on as much as I can in the time I have left. I have worked on a couple of excavators but they are not my strong suit. I am blessed to have several strong Case people on here with me and enjoy helping others sort things out.

  186. #186Tyler d4c2022-05-01 22:20

    I hate Wisconsin engines with a burning passion.....

  187. #187Honcho2022-05-02 00:06

    Joe-h. I wasn t on the throne, but today I got to see my dentist. A small piece of my mollar got broken, need to fill it.

  188. #188melben2022-05-02 05:42

    Will not be fun, we will be thinking of you and hope all goes well!

  189. #189aighead2022-05-02 10:45

    I used to have a tongue piercing and one day I managed to chomp down on the metal ball of it with my very back, top, right tooth. I went to the dentist and they basically said we can try to fill it or you can just leave it be and the sensitivity would decrease over time. I went with the latter route and it's been fine, though weird to have kind of a triangle shaped tooth back there. I only notice if I jam my tongue back there. 1000 bucks is expensive, sounds like the Russians have similar prices as Americans on this one.

  190. #190cuttin edge2022-05-02 11:23

    Had a tooth extracted last year. It was beyond saving. The way my root system is, they had to put me under, and get it out Guy said it took him 40 min, biggest roots he had ever seen. Now I keep biting my tongue. They want to drill my jaw, put an anchor in, and put a new tooth on top. It was $360 to remove the old one, and they want $4000 for the new one. So I guess I'm going to have to learn not to bite my tongue.

  191. #191JL Sargent2022-05-02 12:18

    Shop around! Huge range of prices for implants because it's big profits. I've heard anywhere from $500 in California to $6,000 in Indianapolis.

  192. #192Vetech632022-05-02 17:17

    I would carve me a tooth out of a piece of driftwood before I'd pay that kind of money.

  193. #193cuttin edge2022-05-02 17:31

    still trying to wrap my head around aighead's tongue piercing

  194. #194Tyler d4c2022-05-02 17:38

    I knew a lass with one......

  195. #195mekanik2022-05-02 17:47

    I had a lady friend that had a piercing in her belly button. She used to hang a Pine Tree air freshener on it.

  196. #196Tyler d4c2022-05-02 21:12

    If I run across that I think I'll just head on home your a better man then me

  197. #197aighead2022-05-03 06:19

    Different times! It was, I think, a 21st birthday present. It was kind of cool and it stayed in until I broke that tooth, then I was done with it.

  198. #198cuttin edge2022-05-03 10:34

    All I can say is OUCH

  199. #199stinky642022-05-03 18:53

    No muff too tough, we dive at five

  200. #200Honcho2022-05-09 12:11

    It was quite a feeling when two women pressed their lower belly on my shoulder on both sides of me . It kinda disattracted the pain. Though they made a painkiller shot. $50 only

  201. #201stinky642022-05-09 22:02

    It's that equipment north and south of the belly that'll get a feller in trouble whatta' ya' think...

  202. #202aighead2022-05-10 06:29

    Something sometimes comes screaming out of that belly that causes some trouble too!

  203. #203Honcho2022-06-02 14:03

    One of the reason of crank malfuntion, today I maintened my cranker. we in Russia call it starter. Thats what I found, worked it with thin sandpaper, and vu a li a.

  204. #204Swetz2022-06-02 14:13

    The same in the USA.

  205. #205JL Sargent2022-06-02 14:47

    Take those copper pieces out and you can really smooth all those arc gouges out on the bench with a file or sandpaper like you mentioned.

  206. #206Honcho2022-06-03 01:32

    JL. Thanks but my hands are too clamsy for that kinda stuff, I May brake it, or loose it. We say that fool can not make a good use outa glassy Dick, cause he either brake it or lose it. I mean that I m not qualified electricity engeneer, to go that deep. I did my part of a job, the rest, others got to do their part.

  207. #207Honcho2022-06-03 09:43

    Tomorrow at noon US time, Intercontinetal boxing contest Russia vs USA. Have a fun fellas.

  208. #208Honcho2022-06-13 02:53

    First fully electricity powered TLB Case on a market fellas, google it.

  209. #209nova4812022-06-13 16:29

    The 580 EV is powered by a 480-volt, 90-kWh lithium-ion battery pack weighing 1,300 lb (590 kg) that can be charged in eight hours by any 220-volt/three-phase connection. I don't think needing three phase power to charge it would be very convenient.

  210. #210ianjoub2022-06-13 19:40

    Perfect! I would expect nothing better to come out of a government. Now we fire up a diesel generator every night to charge our equipment or truck it back to the shop every night in a diesel truck instead of running the equipment directly on the diesel. Don't worry about the losses in that scenario, the equipment is zero emission!

  211. #211nova4812022-06-13 19:57

    How about a three phase portable windmill

  212. #212joe--h2022-06-14 00:11

    Mounted on the ROPS, one of these Joe H

  213. #213NH575E2022-06-14 13:01

    The disc side of some solenoids can be flipped to use the better side.

  214. #214Honcho2022-12-23 13:03

    Cat deo uls 10w40 . I have an argument with my coworkers. Issue is, do CAT manufacture it s own oil, or it sell oil, manufactured by Mobil co., but under the brand of Cat.

  215. #215mitch5042022-12-23 14:49

    I don't know if it's Mobil or not, but I know Cat doesn't make it. Merry Christmas, Honcho!

  216. #216Honcho2022-12-24 03:54

    You too Mitch, and all guys here, Merry Christmas..

  217. #217CM19952022-12-24 13:46

    Merry Christmas!

  218. #218John C.2022-12-25 16:13

    The bulk tanks at the Cat dealer where I worked was filled with Delo 400. Empty pails and one gallon jugs were filled out of those bulk tanks. All service work requiring fluids were supplied in bulk by the Chevron dealer.

  219. #219Billrog2022-12-25 20:56

    " Merry Christmas " !!! Everyone.

  220. #220Welder Dave2022-12-26 01:23

    Have to see if Chevron has Cat TO-4 spec. oil easily available. Mostly I see Chevron engine oils in stores but not transmission or hyd. fluids. There is a bulk Chevron dealer though. Have to check and see if they have it and if anybody could buy just a pail or you need a commercial account.

  221. #221Bluox2022-12-26 01:34

    I believe Chevron calls it drive train oil. The dealers down here have no trouble selling to any one . Bad Bob

  222. #222Honcho2023-02-04 02:37

    Extensioner tank wanted, New Holland B115B 2012 year issue, Iveco engine. vin *FNHB115BNCHH04305*

  223. #223Honcho2023-02-04 03:08

    A pic of extteamly dangerous fitter work. I was very nervous, thinking of what we are gonna do if walls collaps. Ten feet deep. And high voltage cabels near at the both sides.

  224. #224Welder Dave2023-02-04 03:12

    A job would get shut down and the contractor get a huge fine if caught doing that in N. America.

  225. #225Honcho2023-02-04 03:18

    In Russia ordinary ppl life never was valued.

  226. #226joe--h2023-02-04 10:33

    Extensioner tank wanted, New Holland B115B 2012 year issue, Iveco engine. vin *FNHB115BNCHH04305* What is an "Extensioner tank" ? Joe H

  227. #227Honcho2023-02-04 11:09

    Cooling system tank

  228. #228joe--h2023-02-04 12:47

    Expansion tank. Fluids expand when heated. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=New+Holla...55_A3.jpg?size=600x450&lossy=1&strip=1&webp=1 Joe H

  229. #229Swetz2023-02-04 13:06

    I am guessing item #5?

  230. #230Honcho2023-02-04 23:53

    Thanks for respond guys, I have a 50% discount for Language mistakes for ,I'm not a local. I found one here, but the seller is very greedy and asks $ 250 for a piece of plastic ****. I installed an expander from a Russian engine, but the pressure of the relief valve does not match. It is possible to work until winter, but the problem needs to be solved before summer.

  231. #231Honcho2023-02-05 00:00

    Thanks Swetz, Now having part number I guess I may find it here, cause I had a wrong part №//.

  232. #232Honcho2023-02-05 00:04

    When my expander burst, I was lucky that a jet of antifreeze hit the cylinder head and I noticed steam from under the hood. If it had burst on the other side, the liquid would have just gone away and I would have noticed too late.

  233. #233Honcho2023-02-11 13:13

    Thanks fellas I ve found an expansion tank much lower price here, than dealer offers. But I see that the price list back there in USA is much higher, than here. I thought that it is lower. Just care to check, here is a net spare parts shop. Emex.ru . devide price on 65 and you get a dollar price. But ofcourse delivery price might be much higher than the part price itself.

  234. #234Honcho2025-01-12 14:09

    This week gona change all hubs bearing, and take off two sysliders, bow n arm sylinders leak. Fortunately this winter is not cold.

  235. #235CM19952025-01-12 14:20

    Never, ever enter a trench like that!

  236. #236mbavers2025-01-12 15:49

    Wow, that looks exactly like what I did last year to locate a buried power line, but I went down "only" 8 ft. Didn't fully realize danger until I saw a picture afterwards that I had taken. Never again, especially working alone.

  237. #237CM19952025-01-13 09:28

    There is no walking away from that trench if the walls give in - lights out. You might survive a fall off a ladder, scaffold or roof however if an 8' deep trench collapses with you in the bottom you are meeting your maker - guaranteed.

  238. #238Honcho2025-01-13 13:42

    I have a pic of guy I made 20 minutes before the wall of a trench collapsed, he managed to run away, but then he remembered that he had left behind a level in the trench , he ran back just in time walls fall . He got covered with earth up to his waist. Got a hip bone broken. Now he has a titanium one, and still works as a fitter. The worst thing was , After the investigation, it became known that it was a side work . The contract with the customer was to dig a trench for the sewer one meter higher. But the customer said he would pay extra if we made it deeper so that he could connect another construction site located a little further and below the level.

  239. #239donkey doctor2025-01-13 14:13

    Makes my stomach queasy just looking at that picture but the one from last Feb is even worse. Missed seeing it back then/ d.d.

  240. #240Welder Dave2025-01-13 18:55

    Have read a few stories where a worker had to be dug out. Drove by a city crew at an intersection and saw a worker in a narrow trench about 6' deep and was just thinking if OSHA saw that there could be a few people lose their jobs and/or face some serious fines. It just makes you cringe. On another note I took a ride in an excavator bucket into the basement of a large demolition site of a gov't. building. I was cutting openings in cable trays to get at copper wires. My neighbor was the contractor and his wife was selling off salvage items so was on site. She starts yelling and screaming at me for being in the excavator bucket. I'm just thinking is she blind. No, riding in the bucket isn't a good idea but it's surely a heck of a lot safer than climbing over piles of broken concrete with rebar sticking out. Never should have been down there at all but had to get ALL the copper. $$$$ before worker safety. Not sure what would have happened if I said there's no way I'm going down there. Was too young at the time to realize it wasn't worth the risk to be down there. I'm sure if OSHA saw it they'd have shut the job down. I walked off that job later. The whole thing ended up in court. It was a big fiasco. Basically the neighbor needed someone else to put a bond on the job and they bid too low. Were even asked by the gov't. if they'd like to re submit a bid. Nope, we can do it for the original bid. Neighbor was counting on making extra through salvaging what ever he could. His wife had no business on the site let alone letting random people drive in to buy things.

  241. #241Honcho2025-01-17 10:25

    Well, I disassembled the two front gearboxes, the bearings in one for replacement, in the other I slightly tightened the clamp and the backlash disappeared. Replaced the oil seals and bushings. The most difficult thing for me is to remove the locking rings. Without having a special tool and trying not to damage them. In general, with swears and curses, it took 40 minutes. . I put it in place for about the same amount of time. I want to change the transmission filter right away. But it's so poorly positioned. In the area of the hydro tank just behind the frame . Nearby there are hydraulic hoses and wiring harnesses that are very annoying.I can't even fit a puller on the filter, I have to work with one hand. In order to have free access there, it is better to remove the starter. Tie the rope to the hoses and wires and pull them up and fix them like that. And only then can you put on the puller and try to take it off. I wonder what the engineers were thinking when they designed this gearbox.Why couldn't the filter be installed vertically instead of horizontally. Tighten the bearing with a force of 95 kilo. or nm.

  242. #242Kent MacDonald2025-01-17 11:02

    Very cool. Even old and sloppy, it'd still be usable but not on a jobsite. Just have to move slower. Must take forever to get good with the controls. neat how it can be driven from the pilot controls (and backwards!).

  243. #243nova4812025-12-25 10:58

    Merry Christmas everyone

  244. #244JL Sargent2025-12-25 16:16

    Merry Christmas! Hope you have a great holiday season.