Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Randspeed muffler for 580K

Colonel Clank ยท 2018-12-23 08:40

Anyone have experience with Randspeed products? I'm looking for muffler for the hoe. Old one rusted off at the base. Local NJ Case dealers want about $200 for the A184237 (non turbo). I forgot to ask if that is Donaldson or other brand name. Didn't find any alternatives out there except for Randspeed ( in the $140-150 range.) Btw, a straight pipe let me finish the day but is horrible even with ear plug AND ear muffs! Clank

Replies3
  1. #1Tinkerer2018-12-23 12:23

    There are some used ones listed on Machinery Trader if that is an option you would be interested in. ---> https://www.machinerytrader.com/parts/construction-equipment/search?PartNum=A184237

  2. #2Coy Lancaster2018-12-31 13:18

    Google your part number I found one for 135.00 plus shipping of course.

  3. #3Colonel Clank2020-06-08 13:28

    To close the loop on this, I welded up the old muffler and it lasted another 6 months. I then tried to buy a muffler from Gulf Power equipment which was advertised at $135 + shipping. They did not have anything in stock and I checked several times over a few months. I also checked a place in Canada that said they make Mufflers and related stuff. They didn't have anything in stock but quoted about $600 for making one. I found an OEM muffler at my local Case dealer for about $280. Done.