I was curious, if any engineering experts would know, what effect an adapter, I made, would make to the rated working load of my skid steer. i.e what effect does moving the attachment further forward make ? I made a quick tach to Euro 8 adapter. It is on a New Holland L216 skid steer, which has a rated operating load of 1598.4 lbs i.e a tipping load of 3207.8 lbs I include a pic of the adapter with dimensions. The adapter plate weighs 75 kg, and the dimensions are in the picture. So in a nutshell, if the rated operating load without the adapter is 1598 lbs, what is it with the adapter ?
Lift capacity would be reduced by 75kg. That is easy. Rated operating load (ROC) is 50% of the tipping load. What you need to know is the distance the standard tipping load is calculated at. I think it's 18 inch on some machine, not sure on yours. Then you'd also need the distance from the center of the front wheels to the quicktach plate. With those number, then it's just some math.
Thanks m8. Full dimensions are here m8. all we need is the maths
Ok, I'll assume a low profile bucket. And calc the distance at 1/2 that. so that's 125 - 95.9 = 29 / 2 = 14.5 inches from pin to center of bucket. And 95 - 33.8 - 37 = 24.2 inch from wheel to pin. So 38.7 inches total @ 3207.8 lbs tip. And say your adapter moved the weight 7 inches forward. We have 3207.8 * 38.7 / 45.7 = 2716.5 lbs new tip weight with adapter. This is a bit of a ballpark but should be close. (since we don't know the distance used for the original tip weight).
Thanks a lot m8, you have been a great help.
If you're leaving the adapter on, you can add rear counterweight to offset the front extension. If you remove the adapter, remember to remove the rear counterweight.
HeavyEquipmentForums .