i am in Ireland, not too many New Holland skid steer dealers around these parts, so just googling and not having much luck finding a picture of a NH L213 or L216 with counterweights fitted. Should be the same as Case Sr130 / Case SR160. Have plenty of heavy plate here, and given freight costs for weights, thought I would make a set. Would like to keep it as close as possible to to the original spec. Anyone have any information, or links to any photo online to see if the plates are flat or curved, or exactly how they look mounted. Any info appreciated. Thanks
What model and serial number. It looks as if the axle wont handle additional weight
The CASE website lists a counterweight package for the 160. It increases the ROC by 100 pounds from 16 to 1700 pounds. Looking at the mounting holes on pictures of a 160 they are different than the large frame machines. The pics may have the holes covered so perhaps they mount the same. I have never seen a machine that small with counter weights on them, but apparently it can be done. I have a set on my 450B if you want to see what those look like but not sure the weights are configured the same way.
Thanks guys, I eventually found a picture of an SR130, so this looks like the counter weight setup. They weigh 84 lbs each. I guess if I can't find more specific info, I could get a bit of cardboard and try to "recreate" that pic. Anyone, know what the mounting hardware is, are they just bolts, or detachable etc. The Case part numbers seem to be 84332294 or 84332295 and the New Holland part numbers seem to be 735039046. Thanks again.
Yea those look different than the full size weights. The holes are threaded into the frame. Just need long bolts.
There are no threads on the frame, just holes.That's why I was wondering was there any "clever" hardware, supplied with the official kit.
Your right, I thought they were threaded but there is a washer and nut on the back side of the frame.
Would like to send the guy in the picture, a sheet of cardboard and a pencil. I'm guessing 84 lbs and that size area = 1/2" plate
I only use crayons.
Not ideal, but my best offer to date.