Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

RB Auction Website not working with Chrome Browser

Auctioneerhere ยท 2024-11-30 11:59

RB Auction website will not show lot pictures with google chrome. Is anyone else having this problem? I can get it to work with other browsers & on my Iphone. Yes, I reached out to RB on three platforms and no response.

Replies21
  1. #1Shimmy12024-11-30 12:36

    Update needed.

  2. #2Birken Vogt2024-11-30 12:54

    I can't see any pictures at the moment, and I am looking at lots I knew had pictures before.

  3. #3Auctioneerhere2024-11-30 13:15

    Chrome is an automatic update type browser. However I did try that & nothing gained.

  4. #4Auctioneerhere2024-11-30 20:10

    Well, if I sign in under my sons school account, I can see all the pictures just fine. Something is broken somewheres & I have no idea how to fix it.

  5. #5Birken Vogt2024-11-30 20:41

    I can't see any pictures on Brave. But they seem to show fine on Edge. Same computer.

  6. #6Welder Dave2024-11-30 21:47

    I've had their online bidding go haywire but thankfully they got it fixed. They will extend the time if they run into problems which is good. Nerve racking when you're bidding on something though.

  7. #7IceHole2024-11-30 23:32

    RB's site has been utter **** for years, so not a surprise.

  8. #8Welder Dave2024-12-01 00:08

    Really bad if someone is trying to out bid you at the last second and the site is down.

  9. #9pushbroom2024-12-01 00:38

    The catalogue listings do not show pictures for me in chrome but it I enter the timed auction it shows pictures.

  10. #10Auctioneerhere2024-12-01 00:43

    10-4 I just signed into my son's google profile & it all works fine from there. Obviously they are having some kind of issue.

  11. #11IceHole2024-12-01 09:22

    Of a good 7

  12. #12Tinkerer2024-12-01 11:57

    The Javascript setting may be blocking them. You can find it in the privacy and security settings. I never cared for Chrome because I had problems with it a long time ago. I use Firefox for a browser but it sometimes will not allow a website to be loaded because of it's security certificate. When that happens I use Edge and it will almost always load the website.

  13. #13Welder Dave2024-12-01 20:50

    I never liked Chrome either despite it always coming up wanting me to switch to it.

  14. #14Birken Vogt2024-12-01 21:55

    I was watching some items loaded up in tabs in Brave [Chromium] last week and all the pics were showing when I went back there. Just for kicks I reloaded and now all the pics on the same page are broken. But it was working in Edge. They must have done something to break it recently.

  15. #15Welder Dave2024-12-01 21:58

    Sounds like a complete SNAFU.

  16. #16djordje12024-12-02 15:28

    I can see photos in chrome What are fees in US on other auction sites are fees same as RB

  17. #17IceHole2024-12-02 16:01

    I have no idea what that even means!

  18. #18GunnieSacked2024-12-08 19:54

    Try using duckduckgo, I use it as my main browser. DuckDuckGo - Your protection, our priority. The Internet privacy company that empowers you to seamlessly take control of your personal information online, without any tradeoffs. duckduckgo.com It is the least intrusive browser on the internet much better than google, chrome, bing, edge or any other Google or Microsoft browsers. Safari is also a better choice than the others, I use this as a second browser. But each to his own, choose what you like!

  19. #19MarshallPowerGen2024-12-09 23:49

    No issues with using Brave browser.

  20. #20Birken Vogt2024-12-13 02:21

    I had my eye on a couple of pieces, one in Washington state and one in Carson CA, well they both disappeared from the auction right before auction day. What is up with that?

  21. #21Welder Dave2024-12-13 03:59

    Maybe the consignor pulled them out at the last minute. Have seen that before. Possibly did a private sale?