Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

RC 30 not charging

Chrismhartley ยท 2016-09-13 14:04

New here so hope I'm not bringing up an old problem I looked but didn't see anything so here it is like before it started with the controls locking out while the machine was running which we determined was low voltage and was fixed with a new battery so after that was down I realized that the alt wasn't charging so went ahead and replaced that well even with a new battery and new alt still not getting 14 volts anywhere not at the battery or the back of the alt I did notice there an alt diode in the fuse box this is were my knowledge ends not sure if that could go bad or be in backwards Thanks for reading

Replies2
  1. #1Dutchcat2016-09-13 14:29

    Did you measure a voltage drop between the positive terminal on the battery and the positive on the alternator should be no more than 0.5 volts same on the negative side, did you measure with some user switched on btw? Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

  2. #2bartelbe2016-09-15 18:53

    You are correct the alt diode if installed backwards will prevent the alternator from charging, make sure the diode symbol on the diode matchs the symbol in the location it plugs into. Assuming both symbols are still there.