Hi Guys, My PC200-7 machine was acting up lately. The rpm would drop and rise in full throttle especially when moving tracks but it was like once or twice in 10 hours. So I thought about readjusting the governor motor rod. But now after I played with the rod adjustment the machine stalls when the speed dial is turned more than half the. Can anyone explain it how can I re-adjust the rod to default position. regards, Rockfall
Have you moved the arm much manually on the speed motor? If so, which it sounds like that is your problem anyways, you will have to change the speed control motor that your rod hooks to. Manual movement will ruin the motor. Just had the same problem on the same machine, replace motor ($1200) and wala! How many hours on your machine?
Are the throttle ball joints on each end of the rod in good condition. If not you have to replace them. To adjust the length of the rod you have to turn the key on, put the panel in HO mode and turn the throttle to full. Adjust the rod so the throttle lever on the governor just touches the high idle screw. After you have that back the adjustment off so there is approximately 1/16" of clearance and then lock everything down. Turn the throttle back to low idle and start the engine. Raiser the throttle to high idle in HO mode and then press the power up button on the left hand joystick. The engine should get a few more revs. If it goes up and then backs down you will need to adjust the rod to get a little more clearance. Remember if the ball joints are not good none of this will make any difference. If the key is on you will not be able to move the motor arm at all. If the key is off and you move the arm you risk burning a circuit in the computer in the cab.
I've heard this advice from others. I can't verify that this would be the result, but others have told me the very same thing, and I dang sure ain't gonna ignore that advice just to find out that it's spot on.
Moving the arm with the key off turns the throttle motor into a generator. The sound that is made when the key is turned on tells you that you made a mistake.
Makes sense to me. :drinkup
Thank you guyz. I didnt try afraid it might get worse because the ball joints are not in good condition. John is the rod an ordinary rod or some special one because its expensive. I saw the parts manual its mentioned as spring.
It is special. There is a take up spring in the middle and the ends have opposite threads so that turning the rod one way makes it longer and the other way it gets shorter.
Thank you guyz problem solved temporarily with adjusting looks like sooner or later will have to change the motor