What is the down side of a quick attach for a dipper? Does it cause the dipper to be further away from the original pivot? Thanks, my search skills are not very good. In fact, very poor is closer to correct.
We have quick attach on all our rubber tire back hoes, and all excavators and besides the ease of changing buckets and attachments there is no real difference performance wise. The set up on the New Holland back hoes get a bit sloppy. The attachment pins wear after a while and the bucket gets more like a grapple.
might loose a little curl power but thats about it.. ITs a nice thing to have if you have more then 1 bucket
How do you decide which one will fit the machine? Case 580M. Does it affect the lever / fulcrum action? At 90 degrees to the tractor, a bucket of mud wants to make everything lean towards fishers already! Not necessarily a great feeling, though it does tend to wake me up. I saw one for $500.00 US on a web site and have no idea if that's reasonable or not. Where would be some places to look and while we are looking....need a smaller trenching bucket - thus the inquiry on the coupler as I don't think I have the patience to switch buckets by my self. Excuse the rambling and thanks for the information.
might wanna contact your case dealer. I just installed one on my 580c works good. I have 3 buckets for my machine and i change them with ease. Pulling the pins every time was a pain in the ass especially when your by your self. Then trying to get the bucket level to make the pin slide in was always fun. Go on the case website and get the part number and see what you can find online. I think they dont go for more then 500 bucks if Im thinking of the right one.
Already found 1 http://www.ebay.com/itm/134437A1-Ne...80K-580SK-580L-580SL-580M-580SM-/230631976003
Thank you all. I think it's time to start looking. Very much appreciate the comments.
no problem
One thing to remember is it may lengthen the bucket letting it hit the boom with the teeth
Mine actually just clears the boom. I think its the type of teeth you have on the bucket
Our backhoes have an extra plate welded on the boom because one guy kept scraping it with the teeth instead of curling the bucket before hauling the stick in. But they are great for swapping attachments. A couple of different buckets, a jack hammer and a thumper. They built a 4 foot spike, ripper tooth on one end, and 6x6 on top. Bolts to the bottom of the thumper, great for putting up sign posts
May need more help than first thought. Went by the salvage yard today (had given one of the salesmen an email earlier). First he didn't think he had what I needed so I sent him pics of parts I had taken from his bone yard. Then he wrote back, yes he had the quick coupler - $250.00. Sounded too good so I get the parts sheet out and cannot decide exactly how many parts I need. Will I be able to use the existing linkage on the bucket or what else? So I drove over to the yard again and talked with the salesman. He now thinks I need a total of 4 parts. Items 20 (Quick Coupler) - 30 (2 - Linkages) - 32 (Dump Bucket Link) from my parts sheet. This total comes to near $750.00. Does anyone know for sure the parts needed?
i dont think you need all that. Does 32 look like what you have on your machine now? Pictures of your current setup will help a lot. Im curious why your machine dont have this coupler from factory i think they all came with them diagram http://partstore.casece.com/us/MonroeTractorLatham/parts-search.html#epc::mr62872ar474989
xgiovannix12 , I saw a post that you had helped someone in the last week or so do some work on his machine. About the last thing posted was you added this quick coupler to the hoe. I have almost all my parts but have a few questions before I start beating on pins and such (one think I have to do is drive to Florida and welcome a new baby girl this week! My daughter and son-in-law. Life is good). There has to be a bushing in the dipper arm to hold the quick coupler to the stick until the pin is replaced in the bucket hinge. How do you get these in or out with limited tools? Thanks, Mike
some bushings need to be pressed out. you might get lucky and get it out with a hammer and a chissel try not to damage the bushing tho
If you can weld a bead around the inside of the bushing it will shrink it and make easier to get out
Bls repair, need more information on how to weld the bead. Just a circle on the inside that is easily reachable or more than one bead or a couple of beads length ways? these two bushings are 4" long each so they are not coming out easily I don't think. I tried the hammer and punch a few licks and it didn't budge. I would like to save them but thinking that's not going to be an option. xgiovannix12 do you think its going to be worth the cost to have a mechanic that probably has a hydraulic puller on his truck to come out and do this? I am pretty sure one of the parts I picked up has got to be for another machine so before I do much more need to visit the salvage yard again. If I can figure out how, I'd like to post a pic and let you see what I have so far. The incorrect part I think is item #20 on the parts manual (sec 9-25). Would have thought these would all be the same but that's what I get for thinking! I don't know what type of puller would be able to grab these and get them out. I hope these pics upload ok. Thanks for trying to help. It's appreciated.
Well, now that I can post pics, I will send a couple more that may or may not help. When I went to the junk yard, I saw several of these #20 pieces but didn't take note of the diameter of the bushing that holds them onto the boom. Wow, this is pretty cool - putting the pic in the text. From what I am measuring: if the bushings were out of the boom - the hole diameter would be close to 2 3/16". The quick coupler link hole diameter with existing bushings installed are 2 5/16". So, I'm a 1/4" too large leaving the bushings in the quick coupler and I bet they are not intended to be installed this way.
I didn't realize I had a pic of the parts page! I'm not very sharp.
If you a bead or two around inside on each side should make it much easier to knock out. Don't weld across.
It's about an 1 1/2" x 4" bushing. Don't know how deep I can get the inside weld but the outside weld should be fairly easy. There's a 4" bushing on each side of the boom.
One bead should be enough
1 bead in as far as you can ( even 1") and let it cool the bushing will nearly fall out has been my experience.
Thank you both for your response. Let you know how it goes. Be a couple of weeks before I have a chance to get at it again.
I've never tried to weld a bead around the circumference so I guess I don't know how it works. I'd use a stick welder and bend the welding rod a little so you can weld a line all the way to the inside edge, one or two beads welded as fast and hot as you can. The idea is to heat the bushing enough to expand it, and heat the welded area enough that it absorbs the expansion and deforms, then shrinks when it cools. The welded bead doesn't matter, you can do the same thing with a torch.
I think there must be different definitions of how easy a bushing can be removed after heating it and allowing it to cool. I really liked the idea of welding a bead around the inside of the bushings so as a CYA thing, I welded a 1" nut inside close to center. After having time to cool, I put a 5/8" allthread rod with nuts both ends and tried to pull the bushing out by tightening the nut. Not budging. Had a burgler torch, so heated the bushings again. Put the allthread puller back in place, put an 1 1/2" pin into the opening and beat on it with an 8# sledge. Beat - tighten - beat - tighten. Took awhile but finally got one out. Second bushing came out slightly easier. Every pull required a new allthread as the rod was stretched so much the threads were distorted. I'm sure there's a better way but I'm grateful they are out. The old bosses are cleaned up and the new bushings are in the freezer. Hope to have them installed later tomorrow afternoon. Do appreciate everyone's ideas on getting this done.
I had more pics attached but apparently they didn't make the trip!
New bushings are in and quick coupler connects to the bucket very easily. Thanks to all for helpful advice.