Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580 Super K Transmission Fill

Larry F ยท 2017-03-20 23:54

You probably haven't had a good laugh in a while, so here's one on me. Bought a well used 580 super K. The transaxial transmission dip stick is showing nothing. I cant seem to find where to add more fluid. No manuals and no experience. Would someone please enlighten me? Thanks.

Replies4
  1. #1sheepfoot2017-03-21 00:02

    In the floor behind the seat should be a plug, the dipstick is under it. Add fluid there.

  2. #2Larry F2017-03-22 00:17

    I think I understand now that the fluid is actually added through the dipstick tube. Right?

  3. #3oceanobob2017-04-03 00:01

    Please help get a correct answer by indicating if the K is a series 1 or a series 3. The SN will tell the tale but if the shift lever goes thru the floor board it is a 1. we can get you good accurate answers once the series is reported, thanks!

  4. #4Larry F2017-04-05 00:23

    The shift is on the side panel below the gauges. I have poured in about 4 gallons and still nothing on the dipstick. I am really getting worried now, but there is nothing on the ground under it and it still moves.