Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rear End Differential Blown – Any thoughts on repairs?

skobydog ยท 2017-04-18 13:30

I have 1987 New Holland LB-620. New Holland no longer has parts. I blew up my rear differential. Can anyone tell me if there are parts from other machines that will fit this? I read somewhere a person said these machines use dana 60 series axles is there a way to cross-reference the parts? Any other ideas of how I may be able to repair? If I'm unable to repair can I still drive this with front differential only without causing damage to it? At this point the machine may be useless anyway. Thanks Transmission Type Hydrostatic Number of Speeds F/R 2F/2R Drive 4WD Net Horsepower 53 hp

Replies4
  1. #1Bumpsteer2017-04-18 13:55

    There will be a number stamped on the axle tube, close to the center section. It is the only way to identify a Dana axle when ordering parts. Then you'll need a Dana distributor to order from. Ed

  2. #2skobydog2017-04-18 16:40

    Thanks, c34835 was stamped on the outside pretty clearly. Manual says it's a Dana 70 limited slip. I was also able to clean the metal "tag" that was bolted to the dif. The numbers are 43.6 7.17 so i guess that's the tooth count and gear ratio. Not sure what other measurements i need or where to find them.

  3. #3Bumpsteer2017-04-18 18:46

    That should be all you need. Dana doesn't care about the application, that stamped number is all thats needed. If you were to tell them it's in a 78 Chevy pickup, they couldn't help you. Ed

  4. #4skobydog2017-04-18 21:32

    Thanks Ed, I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they