Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rear hydraulics for hoe on JD 450C

Nick VB · 2023-10-20 15:48

Hello all. Looking at a JD450C but it doesn’t have a how bracket or rear hydraulic hook ups that I can see. I can get a bracket and that just bolts on, but what about the hydraulic lines. Is this relatively painless to set up? Or would I be better off waiting for a machine that already has a hoe, or is at least already set up for one?

Replies8
  1. #1caseloader2023-10-29 10:57

    Not sure exactly how your hyds. are routed on that machine BUT SOME have very complicated parts to get hyd. to rear of machines. Try to look at one with everything needed for hoe and go from there would your best bet. Personally I would NEVER try to use a hoe on any crawler! Good way to break frames and undercarriages! I have a 310-g case that did have a hoe on it at one time and I junked the hoe when I got the unit, then repaired the damage the hoe did to the tractor!

  2. #2Steve Austin2023-10-29 11:11

    From johndeerepartspage.com. You can go to this and see part numbers and some hose demensions.

  3. #3Steve Austin2023-10-29 11:28

    Correction that would be partscatalog.deere.com

  4. #4Welder Dave2023-10-29 22:01

    I think you need a power beyond adaptor on the control valve to run the hoe hydraulics. A JD450C is a lot more robust for a hoe than a Case 310G. If you just need rear hyd's. for something like a ripper some machines came with the valve already installed but didn't have the handle.

  5. #5Steve Austin2023-10-29 23:39

    The power beyond adapter would be number 16 in the illustration Deere part AT63185.

  6. #6Welder Dave2023-10-30 00:32

    Hard to tell from the pic. without a parts list.

  7. #7Tags2023-10-30 06:44

    Also, not saying it won’t work for you, but, if you’ve never run a track loader with a hoe you may be very disappointed. It has very low ground clearance when the hoe is mounted and is very heavy on the rear. So much so that very often you may need to keep material in the loader bucket to counterbalance the weight if moving around a lot. Then if you remove the hoe because you’re doing a lot of loader work, you may need to put some kind of weight back on the rear so it isn’t too light in the tail. Any counterweights that were on there needed to be removed to mount the hoe. I’m not saying it won’t work for you, just want you to be aware that’s it not a perfect system by any means.

  8. #8Steve Austin2023-10-30 18:07

    Tags has some good points about a hoe on a crawler loader. I by no means a great operator but I did run one of these for a day and felt like I had went a couple rounds with Mike Tyson afterwards.