Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rear Tires- 17.5 or 19.5?

Elmer Cox ยท 2017-12-25 19:48

My 1992 Case SK backhoe came with 17.5 on the rear. Is there an advantage or disadvantage to going with the 19.5 when I need new tires?

Replies4
  1. #1xgiovannix122017-12-25 20:20

    I dont see any advantage. Just going to loose clearance between the tire and the cab

  2. #2Canadian_digger2017-12-25 20:43

    2x4 or 4x4?

  3. #3Elmer Cox2017-12-26 08:27

    It's a 2 wheel drive

  4. #4Tinkerer2017-12-26 08:38

    A little more available traction and you won't sink as much (think ruts) into soft ground conditions with the wider ones. I have had both sizes on my tractor and would stay with the widest ones I can put on it. And you can select how many plys are in them if you are buying new ones. I don't know if you could put chains for snow on with the wider tires. You may find this an interesting thing to read. http://case580kbackhoe.com/