Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rebarman’s Fiat Allis fl51984 thread

Countryboy ยท 2007-10-10 19:20

Hi I recently bought a Fiat Allis fl51984 for clearing some land and was wondering what horsepower the motor is, the salesman didn't know.Have been using the machine for a few days now seems to have lots of power for what I need it for.Should have been a heavy equipment operator instead of a rebarman! Great site lots of things going on! I started this thread for Rebarman since he doesn't have the ability to start new threads yet.

Replies6
  1. #1Cat4202007-10-10 20:45

    I can't find the FL5 on the list of stuff that I have, but it lists the 1982 FD5 with a Fiat 8045 diesel at 70hp. His has to be similar

  2. #2wrenchbender2007-10-10 20:52

    Welcome Rebarman, I'm not sure of the horse power but I am aware of the fl5's weak point. The ring and pinion seams to be thier weakest link the rest of the machine is fairly tough. Try to keep the ole gal off the rocks because this is usualy what gets those ring & pinions.

  3. #3rebarman2007-10-14 19:31

    thanks guys thanks to cat420 and wrenchbender for the info seems about right for the 4banger, thanks for the operating tips also talk to you soon

  4. #4Countryboy2007-10-14 19:46

    Welcome to HEF rebarman! :drinkup

  5. #5TALLRICK2007-10-14 23:05

    Looks like an interesting model crawler loader. Never saw one in person, but they seem to be relatively affordable.

  6. #6FarmerDave2007-11-11 16:26

    An FD5 is the same as an FL5 exept with a blade. 70HP sounds about right because an FL9 is 90HP