Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

955 with worn undercarriage

TALLRICK ยท 2007-10-14 11:50

Still thinking of that machine, and it's still sitting. The CAT has sat in the same spot for almost 20 years, and is now fully covered with vines and has a tree between the bucket and the radiator. That loader was in use but retired because the undercarriage is in poor shape. The sprockets are really worn down, and I remember the idlers being frozen and one gouged out. The scrap guys wanted it but they never picked it up It looks like I can get it for free, but I am still debating whether this thing is repairable. Finding parts must be a pain, and I would have to move it to my place, not an easy task I bet. It would end up being a machine for home use, to maintain 1 mile of dirt road and move stuff around a 5 acre yard.

Replies6
  1. #1digger242j2007-10-14 13:04

    You mean the one in this thread? Sounds like a job for Wrenchbender... :yup

  2. #2Squizzy246B2007-10-14 18:28

    Around here at least a 955 is a compactor loader/dozer....?? ie its an articulated loader with sheeps foot wheels and a dozer blade or track loader bucket/rake. :beatsme

  3. #3TALLRICK2007-10-14 22:13

    Actually a different machine, this is one that a friend discovered while looking at properties. It is north of me, too far to simply bring over. I am always looking for a suitable project, it would give me the power I need, and at the same time save a piece of history. Should be eco-friendly too as I like to run my Diesels with vegetable oil.

  4. #4d4c24a2007-10-15 12:01

    re 955 heres a picture of a 955h i think thanks graham

  5. #5Squizzy246B2007-10-15 18:16

    My mistake I was thinking of wheel dozers and compactors...got my numbers askew.

  6. #6Rusted2007-10-16 04:52

    That is indeed a 955H.