This forum has been very quiet lately. Is this because everyone is done for the season and working on their machines? And if so, what type of maintenance/repairs is everybody doing?
Hey, somebody asked this exact same question last year I think.....
Three replies...
Hi there, I am trying to rebuild a 931b cat, i have fixed one tilt cyl. with a new seals, but i am having a problem getting the colar nut broke loose on the left side. the only thing i know is to put a little heat on it. I had a 4' pipe wrench on it but it did not move, and taping on the nut a little did not help. Does anyone know any better ways to remove it, thanks.
Well lets see... Here at Ortiz & ASSociates, I've been trying to clean out the insides of the drums and check planetarys...track torque hubs might need a look since they all leak...took the lid off the water tank off the newest machine to clean the rust out of the tank..fixed the spray bar on one too where you can now shut the water off to clean out the filter without getting soaked...I'd give the other machine the same treatment but nobody here cares about this kind of thing...they want to buy nice expensive drum housing wear bars because they won't clean out the drum during the course of the season and now the housing is weak in certain areas.....and so and so....we move on....
merry holidays:drinkup
we just changed our w60 from rumbler to mill only 250 hrs not enough strippin
I did that job with Miller a few times on their W600, pain in the @ss. I dont know if you saw it but they put a track on the swing leg, worked WAYYYY better than the rubber tire....