Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wirtgen or Cat 2 Meter drum

Aussie Leroy ยท 2011-12-02 19:08

Just looking for some feed back on which machine you prefer in 2 meter wide drum, I had a Cat PM102 1 Meter drum and was not that happy.but they tell me the 2 Meter Cat PM 200 is as good or better than the Wirtgen . I would like to hear your coments, Cheers Leroy

Replies4
  1. #1milling_drum2011-12-06 21:28

    For my 2 cents worth it would have to be which ever machine weighs more because if you get into a deep cut its nice to have some extra @ss The topcon grade system is nice but its really what the operator prefers....Wirtgen anybody can run but it can fall out from time too time....heard that again today about a W210. The 200 wins in my opinion only because Wirtgen are already everywhere. In pictures looking at them they might steer a little better than a Wirtgen....

  2. #2Toegrinder2011-12-07 01:12

    I'm gonna have to disagree with the steering statement. I can easily cut a small bullnose with a 210 which is a pretty damn tight radius without repositioning. If it's the controls for the steering you're talking about I've had nor heard of problems there either...just my two cents

  3. #3Aussie Leroy2011-12-08 03:56

    milling_drum; The weight is important Cat's 30.900kg, Wirtgen 210 27.000kg i know when ripping rock with dozers more weight is better

  4. #4milling_drum2011-12-08 11:22

    Please lets not confuse... If both machines were put in front of me....I'd hop on that Wirtgen without a second thought. The only reason I will publicly endorse the other machine is because they are the underdog and thats something unusual for a CAT product.