Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rebuild stanadye injection pump with stuck plungers

mattyt1984 ยท 2014-02-16 11:29

Has anyone rebuilt standadyne injection pumps that get stuck plungers? I have two deere engines that have stuck plungers I have rebuilt several of these before. I am thinking of back feeding hydraulic pressure into the pump where it goes out to the injector then turning engine over. Any ever tried I am hoping this will force the plungers back outward. Any ideas suggestions? Ever tried?

Replies7
  1. #1thepumpguysc2014-02-16 13:38

    I've "heard" of it but have never tried it.. so therefore I cant say if it works or not. In theory it would work.. BUT every pump I've worked on with stuck plungers, the plungers are so stuck, they need to be driven out.. You will have to register the correct port in the head with the correct port in the rotor inorder to back feed the pressure.. Timing the engine to #1 cylinder will get you pretty darn close..and use that outlet on the pump. Good luck and let us know if it works.. Just a side note.. if the plungers are stuck, the fuel is contaminated and the pump should be taken apart to be cleaned, along with the fuel tank and filters.

  2. #2mattyt19842014-02-23 13:52

    I tried this by hitching up a porta power and I feed pump with 2000 psi and turned engine over and left at #1 TDC and timed pump. It did not work I had two engines to try it one. One has broken driveshaft the other just had stuck plungers. My next project is a Lucas Cav on a Deere 4239 engine not fuel out to injectors. II have never had one apart done many stanadynes are lucas cav just as easy?

  3. #3thepumpguysc2014-02-23 17:26

    You'll need a special tool to remove the transfer pump rotor from the bottom of the hydrolic rotor [head]. IF you try to use a screwdriver it WILL BREAK. and needs to be torqued to 65inlbs. the endplate needs to be torqued to 35inlbs. The kit P# is 7135-110..

  4. #4mattyt19842014-02-23 19:08

    Thanks what is the part number for the special tool? Are these hard to rebuild is there a parts breakdown or rebuild instructions anywhere posted online?

  5. #5thepumpguysc2014-02-24 05:51

    Email sent..

  6. #6nowing752014-02-27 19:32

    Hi pump guy,are you having trouble geting Bosch pump parts? My pump shop says they can't even get a new pump for a 4b cummins it's a rotery

  7. #7thepumpguysc2014-02-28 06:09

    Something strange is going on at Bosch..I'm havin ahelluva time just getting basic gasket kits.. I have to "outsource" them.. I guess even the Germans are feeling the economy crunch.. SEVERAL of my life long contacts at the home office in Chicago are no longer there.. Whats the P# you need ?? I might have 1..