I am in the middle of rebuilding the fuel transfer pump (1W568) on my 943 (19Z935). The service manual disassembly/re-assembly pictures and sequence instructions do not include some some seals and valves that are shown in the parts manual. In addition, I am having a hard time visualizing the flow of fuel being pumped through the pump. In addition, parts noted in the parts list are not illustrated in the parts book. Any info or guidance from the gurus here will be appreciated. Thanks, and Regards, Clark
I have seen where they put a kit together that will have additional parts in it that fits other machines. The basic parts you need will be in there. I don't recall them being terribly complicated either. Others hopefully will chime in.
I was able to buy the seals and O-rings I needed at the Cat house. My problem arises with disassembly. Some of the parts I removed are not accounted for in the parts drawing or the service manual. They are listed in the list of part numbers, but there is no guidance for the correct assembly sequence. The service manual does not show or mention these parts, (a seal and a valve). These parts were removed from the small hole under the cover. The pump does pump air correctly, but I would like to know that it is assembled correctly before I install it. Regards, Clark
sealark37 , did you get your pump rebuilt and put back on your machine?
Yes, I did, and thanks for the kind inquiry. The pump seems to be working properly. I have apparently allowed some air into the high pressure side, so I need to bleed the lines to the injectors next week. This all started when I replaced the Cat fuel filter with an aftermarket filter after I replaced the oil cooler. It seems that the transfer pump was too weak to pump fuel through the new filter, as the engine was losing power. The new Cat filter is not causing a restriction, so I hope that bleeding the injectors will solve the problem. Regards, Clark
Good deal. I hope to have my track adjuster resealed this weak.