jrb coupler on our 544g is getting slopping, jrb sells no replacement wear parts that i'm aware of. any of you rebuilt one? any pointers you can share?
Tighten Up I have worked on my JRB and a couple of others a few times. I have turned new pins and worked the bushings. I have also welded 1/8 steel inside of my coupler to tighen up against the pins. I like this because as it wears I just cut out the steel pieces and tack new ones in. They act as wear plates against the pins, mild steel wear before the pins do, and it is cheap. Good luck. Bill
yes sir Same as bill...I weld up the slop or plate it.You can replace,or machine the new pins etc....but the shoulders need some welding.
update jrb does not put bushings in their couplers...at least this older one doesn't have them...we just took to a machine shop, going to have them line bore/and put bushings in, and put new pins in it to bring up to new factory specs. i really feel jrb is missing the boat on this one. i love the coupler, but when they wear, they expect you to buy a whole new coupler? i'm not spending 6k on something i'm getting totally rebuilt for $700
scrap industry Ya, I agree on them stepping up to the plate...I work in the scrap metal industry and most of our stuff gets beat up pretty bad so we are pretty used to repairing stuff like this.
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums mascas! :drinkup
same as the rest i plate whats wore or cut it out and make new peices to weld back in