Hello All, I'm a retired diesel & heavy equipment mechanic. I specialized in the Diesel Engine Rebuilding Business. 1. Today, I met a Logger that has a 1995 Yanmar B 50 Excavator. The engine failed due to worn rings and needs rebuilt. The crankshaft is standard and looks A Ok. This Yanmar B 50 is a Grey Market Excavator. It has the appearance of being a Yanmar B50 machine. The owner, had a hell of time finding a new Hyd. Pump for this (grey market) excavator, so it's a little bit different... here & there. I can't imagine them messing with the engine. I'm thinking the engine is a Straight Arrow >>> Model 4TN84L-RBA Engine... unless I hear different.. from You All !?! Other Engine Spec's: Model No# 4TN84L - RBA Output -- 37 HP @ 2450 RPM Displacement -- 1.906 Engine S/N -- 02475 2. I see China parts on EBay for this engine. I try to stay away from china parts or any other cheap'o' parts. Yes, I know the world has changed and the market is flooded with them. 3. Does anyone know of a USA vendor that handles Quality Engine Parts for this engine. I need a complete Rebuilt Kit for an Out Of Frame Overhaul. 4. The next step is OEM Parts direct from Yanmar.... and they will be a little pricey $$$$ from Yanmar. Thanks in Advance, Avery
Check with a Yanmar marine engine dealer, they're usually friendly and helpful, parts is parts normally. Give them engine model and serial, tell them it's industrial, see what they say. I can't imagine OEM parts being all that spendy for a wristwatch size engine, but I could be wrong.
I think that rig is the same as the Deere and Hitachi 50's. Also,if I remember correct,they're a non liner engine. have fun!
Hello All. I need a Used Engine, any ideas about a dismantler that handles the mini size Yanmar's (B-50). The Cyl's. are scored .. bad enough to not allow the installation of a std. size piston. This engine does not have replaceable liners, it a solid type block. It's considered as throw away engine... when the Cyl. Bores are worn excessively (out-of-limits). Thanks in Advance, Avery
http://www.machinerytrader.com/list/dismantledsearch.aspx?ETID=3&Manu=YANMAR http://www.dieselenginetrader.com/engines.cfm?ID=81