Currently, two Bay Doors face East; the North wall hosts a 45' x 4' x 16' rack...Receiving is doubling in size (north), to 4 Bay Doors...Can I leave the current rack where it is....Is it smart to add another, back to back with the current 45'...(btw, the South wall hosts a 50' rack...which is staying put)
Nice photo !
I'm just not sure. If you're standing in the building facing north, and the east doors are open, the sun is going to be in your eyes when you look to the right (only in the early morning). But if you are facing south, the sun will only be in your eyes when you look left. I'm torn up about what you should do. The sun hurts my eyes on early mornings.
???
Crane Op, You owe me a keyboard. I spit coffee all over it. Holy cow. Thanks for the laugh. My goodness.
Mr. Sinkowitz, We need some MS Paint, a crayon sketch or something drawn in the dirt with a stick for this one. Please provide one of the above and I personally guarantee to put our top men on it.
If a tree falls in a forest and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound? x2 on the picture please.
I dunno what you guys are complaining about. I can visualize it. He wonders if back-to-back racks, located between bay 2 and bay 3 counting from the south is a bueno idea. The problem is we have no idea how much your operation uses those racks. That is the missing picture here.
At least wait until page 2, to be a voice of reason.
I’m not sure what kind of stuff your doing but depending what your doing extra floor space is sometimes better then shelves/ racks.
The white wall behind the Rack is being torn down...giving us two more Bays and the possibility of more production room Or a second Rack/Storage. I like the second Rack idea, anchored and 'tied' to the first (lending stability)...and leaving space for fork lift maneuverability...comes down to the 'need' for the additional doors/storage vs. the need for more production space. The rack, pictured, is full-up, as is the one on the South wall...with the expansion, I think the additional storage is more important the additional prod space...especially, in light of the fact that ALL production and interim storage spaces have been given a 50% expansion (in current planning)...my concern is the safety of the 'stand alone' racks
Your profile does not mention your location. Do you earthquake much?
Oh dang. More racks STAT!! In direct response to Mr dust de carbon, Please TIE THEM to the roof, engineering be damned. Don't be one of those youtube cascading rack videos from a tiny little forklift bump. Of course the even better video is one of those tied racks pulling the roof down.......hmmmmm. EDIT: If you line up the posts on your back-to-back racks, bolt them down and together and sheet off each end, they will stand a lot more abuse, pun intended.
Make sure to have enough space between the racks so it's easy to load and retrieve items from them. I worked for a place that set up a new building and they didn't put much thought into the racking. They sold a lot of smaller parts type items so needed a lot of racking. Problem was they spaced the racking way too close. They put the racking just a little wider than a rolling ladder. Really, really stupid, you could easily run your knuckles into the racking pushing the ladder into to where you need it. I'd guess they were only about 3 feet apart. If there was a box or something sticking out a few inches you'd knock it off the rack.
Sorry man, I'm just here trying to help a brother out. Steal a keyboard from the nudie coffee shop. Surely there will be some young guy there who gets distracted by the server.
To the OP..... Any idea if these are fastened to the concrete? Maybe a pic of the feet and the concrete anchors?
Thanks for the input...I'll stop back with the final results ~Bob