Hello all, I have recently trader a truck of mine for a case 580b. She is in "rough" shape but all is working well and boy can she move some dirt! The question I have is may seem stupid to most of you but i guess there is no such thing as a stupid question, how can I tell weather the tractor is quipped with a power shuttle or a mechanical shuttle? I haven't been able to find any photos of the two, although I have purchased a complete service manual and it seems as though I have a mechanical shuttle the images are not very clear. Personally I like the mechanical things as they are less prone to failure. Thank you in advance. Best regards, Alex
If the machine has a power shuttle the left pedal will have a short linkage to a cam plate, that links up to a valve spool on top of the torque tube under the fuel tank area. If it's a straight clutch, the left hand pedal has a linkage rod that runs down to a linkage at the lower tube, it has a L shaped link with a spring and rod that goes to the release bearing for the clutch.
Thank you! So that means I have a mechanical shuttle. When I pulled the dipstick this morning there wasn't any oil on the dipstick, crossing my fingers I didn't break anything. I will be pulling the shuttle and shifter cover to explore a bit. I found some disgusting milky oil when I pulled the transmission dipstick. I can only wonder how in the hell did water get in there?