This WR2400 had 49 hours on it this morning when it was delivered. This is a Flyash job in southern Nebraska. A PR1050 runs ahead of the two reclaimers at a depth of 6 inches, leaving the material in place. The Distributor trucks spread the flyash and the reclaimers mix it.
Show off...
nice, new writgen smell (and shipping goo )
It is a nice machine no doubt..but, I just don't care for reclamation in any way. We spend an average of 3 hours a day sitting waiting for the bulk delivery trucks to load a truck that spreads the material in the windrow area. If the bulk delivery trucks are slow well.... And then the water truck....soon as its empty the machine has to stop. That machine with the cab so far forward has extremely poor visibilty for the operator, although the cab has a slide mechanism so it can be brought left and right you are never in a postion to clearly see the left side of the cutter while in the cab unless you use those .... mirrors. Its got a Mercedes 8 cylinder in it, first I've ever seen that, the other Wirtgen has a CAT V-12, I'd like to see a mill with that Mercedes engine with a twin turbo, that would blow a W2100 too shreds
Why don't they fill the water truck on the fly and prevent the operation from stopping?
They only had two out there, the paving company COULD have helped a little but the lane being treated already has to much traffic in it with the bulk delivery trucks doing the transfer ahead of the reclaimers. We always had to stop because they couldn't get the flyash on the ground fast enough. If we could have, I'm sure arrangements to get more water faster would have been made....But if you can't get the bulk problem straightened out...its a safe bet you can't think down the road far enough to water issues.... Did I just type that? hahahahaha
From what little I've been around, it does'nt look like fun. We had some residential streets to do, with all the usual manholes and valves, a few yrs back. Not good. I was not directly involved, but spoke to a few residents on the street. Rather unhappy customers.