I was looking for recommendations for a 100' x 3/8" air hose reel. We have a excavating business and do a lot of our own fabrication and repairs. Someone recommend a manual crank system. Thanks in advance.
Hi clansing1.I use a 50' 3/8" hose reel on my tool box at the shop.It's a hand crank set up.Now if I needed to run 100' I would go with 1/2" hose with a short 3/8 " line on the end.There is alot of resistance on a 100' 3/8" line when running air tools.Are you working at a shop or in the field off a truck?
i would go to 1/2 inch hose for 100 foot what tools are you using on this line? i use reelcraft hose reel on my service truck
Use Parker Push-lock hose and fittings, they are by far the best.
Air hose This would be for shop use. With 100' reel we can take it outside or inside the shop and reach just about everything.
Check out Northern Tool clansing1,they have allot to chose from. Here's one that might fit your needs http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_42519_42519&issearch=1591510
I second the reelcraft, have had mine for probably 15 yrs and never have a had a problem with it
Air Hose Reel That looks like a good reel for what we want to do and I order one today. Here is a photo of my dad on a freshly painted 1968 TD-25C. I believe this was in '88. Thanks.
Td-25c nmm
Td-25c dozer
Hey,thats a nice looking 25c dozer clansing1 ! One of my favorite dozers to operate.Looks like you guys were putting the blade back on in the picture. I have a 1972 25c. Getting back to the air hose reel I almost suggested to fabricate one then I saw the one in northern tool .I dont think I could build one for 60.00 in the shop.Allot of stuf like that now days.Northern is a pretty good outfit,I'v orderd items from them for the last 20 years with good luck.Make sure to check out there website,they keep a huge inventory & good prices.Heck,if I ever hit the big time I may just call Mr Northern & tell him to send me two of everything he's got
I use a cox manual crank hose reel on my service truck with a 100ft of 3/8 hose and tap into the air brake tank and use it that way, not the best but the engine always starts and a northern tool brand manual hose reel in the shop also 100 ft long hose and a reelcraft auto retract I believe for my fuel hose reel on my service truck, all work great and I love my auto retract fuel hose reel, that invention and investment is the greatest thing ever in my opinion. I've aslo got a retract torch hose cox reel on my service truck too but its only 50 ft long hose, not long enough. All I bought new and all but the northern were bought off ebay and paid very little for any of them. I like the reelcraft and cox reels about equally, the manual is the simplest but the auto retacts are really nice, you get spoiled with them. If I remember my cox air hose reel on my truck is for a 200 ft hose and only have 100 on it which is really nice, it all stays on the reel and the reel isn't full to capacity like the 100 ft in the shop that has 100 ft on it, unless you take the time to reel it up nice it hardly fits 100 ft of hose, go with a bigger reel for any of them than you plan to have hose for say you want a 100ft of hose go with a 150 reel capacity, makes life easier reeling it up and not going off the drum. Just my two cents though
The photo of the International TD-25C was painted by my dad in his shop around 1988 or so, just before he sold it. He took the blade off, seen in the picture, so he could fit it in his shop to paint. The guy in the operator seat is actually my dad. He did most of the operating with that machine. It was the first year they made TD-25C. It was a 1968 model, serial number around 550 or so he said, which meant it was about the 50th of the assembly line, the first off of the assembly line was 500 I thought dad told me.
I have Reelcraft never had a problem, I bought 2 from Northern Tool, work ok but for a shop spend the money and get a Reelcraft.