Is there places that a person can send or take his aluminum wheels "22.5's" and get them reconditioned??? Mine are bad dirty, pitted, and have asphalt on them. Preferably somewhere halfway close to central ky. Thanks
Look at heavy truck dealers, we have a kW dealer that does the wheels
Find a place that has a cnc wheel polisher, they will look like new when they come out. here it costs $75 a wheel. a little cheaper if you dismount the tire.
I wish I knew somewhere around here that had one farmerlund.
I ordered a set of machine refurbished aluminum wheels. Had them sent here on a pallet. They were all polished with a machine. The vent holes or whatever you prefer to call them were heavily disfigured on one side from the heavy cutting of the machine. They were completely rounded down on one side and I fought hard to get them returned but finally got my money back. Just be weary of that if you are particular. I shot a picture of the holes and they had some water on them when I took the picture but it shows the results of heavy machine polishing.
Machine cutting will "pull" the edges. Cutting by hand with a buffer will not but its the worst job ever. If you cut em with a machine then rub em by hand a time or two a year they will keep if you stay out of the salt. This place has cut a few replacement junk yard wheels for me. He ships. http://www.fleetwheel.com Definitely not something I would want to bring to a judged show because of very small scratches when they were sanded but on a working show truck I cant complain.
DoyleX- this is just a dump truck that hauls dirt/gravel but just kind of want it to look good. Thanks for the info
Yep they came from Jay at Fleetwheel. 10 wheels for $3000 shipped and they all looked like that. I was hunting the classic small holes and didn't get exactly that either. He did say he was the best in the business so..... Took him 2 months to generate my money back. Horrible experience. He should disclose the fact that he disfigures the wheels. Went with new wheels instead after that experience. I don't see how others would be ok with that for that premium price.
Check your local truck wash. We have a guy around here will come to your shop.
Wow! $300 each used wheels!!! I would have went new for another $500 too. I buy from the same $100 per wheel junkyard as he dose. If you go to a truck show there is always polish monkeys covered in black running around tweekin to buff. If your stuff is maintained $50-75 a wheel. Crusty take a hike... Most guys have the sh!tt!est looking, most uncared for wheels and want them to shine. Machine cutting is the only way and as long as they shine thats all they care about. Personally im getting old and the classic 2 and 3 tone color schemes grow more on me every aching year. Paint is wayyy easier to clean and touch up vs. bleached, scratched, pitted, gouged aluminum.
Someone should ask... Have you considered cleaning the wheels and either painting with a good equipment enamel of powder-coating?