Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Suicide doors

Pbuilt ยท 2015-02-13 19:14

Want to know how to put suicide doors on my 379 Peterbilt ! Please help!

Replies7
  1. #1Fastdirt2015-02-13 22:05

    Call Texas Chrome Shop or CSM and ask them... They probably won't offer too much but they do them a lot and might have some advice. I'm thinking you would use the left side latch parts on the right side and vise versa. Must be a custom rig if you're kicking suicide doors around. Pictures too?? Good luck!!

  2. #2Pbuilt2015-02-13 22:48

    Thank you there was a magazine article that told how to do it but the wife threw it away can't find it again

  3. #3Scrub Puller2015-02-13 23:06

    Yair . . . Okay, I'll bite . . . what are they? Some pictures someone, please? Cheers.

  4. #4mitch5042015-02-13 23:42

    Hinges at the back, latches at the front.

  5. #5Scrub Puller2015-02-14 00:40

    Yair . . . Gotcha mitch504. thanks. . . . is there a practical application on a truck or is it just to be "different". Several makes of European/English cars were built that way and it certainly made for easy access. Cheers

  6. #6mitch5042015-02-14 14:02

    Just to look "cool" I guess, I'm not into customization.

  7. #7digger242j2015-02-14 14:33

    Here ya go, Scrub. More than you ever wanted to know: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_door