Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rectangular OEM work lights

typ4 ยท 2010-11-15 23:16

So, has anyone found a source for the sealed beam 24v rect light on most deere and komatsu excavators, the dealer wants 93.00 for the dang thing. I like the accordian housing for vibration protection but no one can cross the 1144 number on the bulb????

Replies7
  1. #1willie592010-11-15 23:32

    You're saying it's a sealed beam rectangular lamp? Not a replaceable bulb lamp?

  2. #2maxton2010-11-16 19:44

    I was also unimpressed with the cost and availability of the 24volt lights. What I would up doing was repalcing both 24volt lights with 12volt and wiring them in series. Only problem is if one goes out the other will not work. Kind of light the old Christmas Tree lights. You can purchase two 24volt lights for the cost of a single 24volt, and the selection of types of patterns are much greater!!

  3. #3dayexco2010-11-16 19:50

    i can't wait to go outside for recess and do the hokey pokey

  4. #4willie592010-11-16 20:22

    I'm still not sure just what type of lamp typ4 is looking for, but if you have a distributor for Translectric products, they're substantially less expensive for OEM lights, and OEM lights are typically made by ABL, Hobbs, or Speaker, same lamps that Translectric sells. In my area, my local Komatsu dealer is a Translectric distributor. http://servicemate.com/catalog/partlist.aspx?CategoryID=248

  5. #5RobVG2010-11-16 21:35

    If it doesn't have to be OEM, Napa has 24v's with replaceable halogen bulbs.

  6. #6thebaz2010-11-18 07:42

    I tried years ago to get a replacement sealed beam work light for my Kobelco without having to pay the $100 the dealer wanted for a genuine one, but I couldn't find anything. I ended up using some headlights the same size out of an imported Chev and wiring the high and low beam positive terminals as + and -so it would handle 24v. Still works 10 years later. Still haven't seem a 24v replacement though

  7. #7typ42010-11-18 23:23

    It is a sealed beam and all it says on it is Japan, I was hoping to put something in the oem housing, I really like the high low beam wiring idea, Thanks.