What would make a 450 Hitachi (think it's a mid 90's model, but not sure) be REALLY slow? All functions are slow, and it seems weak. I havn't ran it, but the guys that are using it said one track will pull, but the other one won't unless you pull the lever to boom up just a little, even then it tracks really slow, and they're having problems setting culvert boxes with it that I think it should handle pretty well. I'm asking, because they bought it just for this one job, and I'm interested in it after they get done. I think we can buy it really cheap, and it would be great in our dirt pit IF we could get the problems ironed out on it. I think it's something electronic, because they said every once in i while, it'll work like it should for about 10 to 15 minutes, then go back to being like this. Any ideas?
Typical short in C/W removal wiring. The machine thinks you are trying to drop the counterweight to the ground,so it keeps the pumps in minimum swash. easy fix.