Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Red Bank Toys

Red Bank ยท 2008-11-30 13:09

A couple of pics

Replies15
  1. #1stretch2008-11-30 14:06

    I really like those older Cat loaders. The Mack ain't bad either!

  2. #2jlm3352008-11-30 18:28

    That Mack is awesome looking! What year is it?

  3. #3Red Bank2008-11-30 19:01

    Thanks guys, the Mack is a 1982 model.

  4. #4Dirtman20072008-11-30 19:32

    Where you at in NC? I'm In Raleigh.

  5. #5Red Bank2008-11-30 20:52

    I am in Germanton, about 10 miles north of Winston-Salem.

  6. #6PSDF3502008-12-01 07:45

    Good looking truck especially for an 82. What motor and tranny and axles?

  7. #7nedly052008-12-01 17:30

    Nice!:drinkup

  8. #8Red Bank2008-12-05 20:29

    It has a 300 Mack engine, 15 speed Roadranger(deep reduction), 38000 lb Mack rears, I do not know the ratio but will run about 78mph on flat ground:cool2

  9. #9BobCatMan2008-12-07 11:37

    That 82 looks in great shape and 78 mph on flat ground ain't nothing to sneeze at lol

  10. #10willie592009-01-06 22:27

    Hey Red Bank, I was right. I thought that was an R model in that small pic of your avitar (so as not to confuse other readers, this is a response from a different thread, don't like to highjack other threads with subject change). The 300 Maxidyne is a tough engine. The last R model I drove had a 300 with a Maxitorque main/aux trans and 46,000 rears. That thing could pull anything. I can see you have the exhaust rigged the way we used to do Mack coal trucks back in the 70s with a piece of square tubing across the frame rails and the stacks coming off the square tubing. Cool truck.

  11. #11Red Bank2009-01-07 20:29

    Thanks for the compliments, I was not to sure about running the exhaust that way, it was my father-in-law's idea, but after we removed the factory stack and bracket I am glad because the stock one was heavy and the new setup is a whole lot lighter, and remarkably quieter than the stock stack, hard to believe. I had stainless steel simulators on the rear, but after one of them ate through a valve stem I pulled all of them off. I hate any kind of a cover, now I am waiting to try to score a deal on a full set of aluminum wheels, and I am on the lookout for aluminum fuel tanks.

  12. #12willie592009-01-07 21:27

    Hey, like I said, we were doing Mack coal dumps like that back in the 70s. Sounds like your father-in-law's got it going on.

  13. #13willie592009-01-07 21:31

    By the way, why ain't you done a paint job on that 955K? That ain't a bad looking old tractor. Nice/straight body panels and sweeps. A paint job and decals on that old beast would look good.

  14. #14Red Bank2009-01-08 21:01

    I just got it in October, in the pictures I am clearing off a building pad to build a shed for the toys, but now with the rain I am at a standstill and now have planned on building a shop! I am in a holding pattern with working on the loader, I want to paint it, but for now I am waiting until I can work on it inside , should make life easier!

  15. #15Dominion 4102009-01-09 21:18

    Mack There are only two types of trucks in the world...A Mack and another Mack. Nice looking unit,bet it sounds also.