Here are some pics of wetland project we did this summer. I was a wetland midigation project for a local wal-mart site where they had destroyed a wetland and had to replace it else where.. Four acres of created weland. Nine acres total site. We had to make internal hydrology flow paths,cut down to determined grade place 2-4 inchs of wood chips and then place 4-6 inchs of top soil on top of the chips. Then seed with wetland seed mix.plant over 4000 trees and shrubs. I will post more pics of the completed project in the spring. I will have aerial pics also. More pics to follow
more
Last pic the dozer operator thought he could trap the rhino up there.
You can't trap a rhino!!, I have one,and I love it!, great pics rueben!!! How do you like your 135's? Is the granite yours? do you own or rent the artic hauler? looks like a really fun project!!!:thumbsup
Everything is ours and I love the 135's. For their size they are highly productive. Thats the only triaxle I will buy. Built like a rock....granite rock. excuse the pun. The artic works great for off road stone jobs for timber and oil/gas access roads.
Macks and Kobelcos my kind of guy!!!:thumbsup
Dont forget the deere
Yes don't forget the Deere. :cool2 Reuben, pics look good. Can't to see more later. What's with no thumbs on those Kobelcos yet? You don't have a use for them that much? Or were you one of those that had a mechanical thumb you attach and detach?
We have them....just took them off for that job. No need for them on there. They just slow down cycle times and mess with capacity and stability. But ya we certainly have them and use them.
We have 2 deere excavators as well Not sure I'd buy another after test running a 75 ZTS felt like less power than a mini!
Well then get a 135C. :cool2 What models btw?
I played with a 135 deere for a few minutes too, the same guy owned it that owned the 75 I ran. I feel like the controls are tight to my legs, I am a good sized boy and I dont get that in the kobelco, the kobelco cabs to me are way more comfy. I sat in a 140 kobelco( a while back, that was probably the nicest cab I have ever sat in. I wish we had the work for one, but most of our work the 70 is just right. I would imagine the new 70 should be just as comfortable. I dont forsee us getting anything new in the next couple of years, until things get back to the way they were 2-3 years ago. Oh yeah, We have an old 490D that we pretty much leave in the pit all the time to dig out fill, load trucks, sort stones.......And we have a 27ZTS. Theres pics of them on here someplace. On edit, the pics of our equipment is here, OK back to Ruebens thread. Rueben, what do you have for deere iron, what kind of artic is that, and what do you use to move the iron thats too big to move with the tri-axle?
Hey Rueben, what are the specs on that Granite? got any more pics? How many guys do you have workin?
mack 427 ten speed 16 foot ox steel bed. artic is a john deere 250 We have seven guys working for us. two other guys on and off again I have also checked out the knew Kobelco 140's and man the cabs are the nicest I have ever been in. I have ran pretty much every brand of machine in that weight class and the Kobelcos are by far faster and smoother then the other comparable machines. The link belt 135 was very unstable,the hitachi/john deere 135 seemed sluggish to me..etc. THe Kobelcos just seem much more suitable for us. We just have a local company move us with a low-boy if we need something big moved. You got to figure if it is a big peice of equipment it is going to be on a job for awhile and that would leave a tractor and lowboy sitting around costing money. It is much cheaper to just have it moved a few times a year then to buy a lowboy.
Thanks Rueben, Great pics!!
work at an airport eh, i see the stupid flags theyve mad us use on equip. that didn't have strobe lights... very nice equip, did you guys plant any plugs on your wetland site?
can your pull that john deere 200lc with the mack and a tri axle? or is it too heavy?
Nice pictures, love the Mack. My question is could you buy a tractor and lowboy and a dump trailer to use the tractor more and then only have the lowboy sitting? I have asked my boss the same question, but for now they have two companies that move our 200 Hitachi for free.
YOU name it... no joke we planted it. The only species we did not plant were of the conifer species. Ya the FAA loves there flags...funny thing...When I was taking pilots lessons they were doing construction at an airport and this big front end loader was along the taxi way and I never ever would have seen that 30'x13'x10 loader if it hadn't had that checkered flag on it.:falldownlaugh (being sarcastic if you didn't realize)
WAY WAY WAY to heavy. even if it was legal I would never do it,just not safe. RED BANK..........A dump trailer would never work for us. We are always off road and in tight spots.We thought of getting one before for hauling demo debris but you can get so much more material in roll off cans because you can pack it in. The first picture i loaded the triaxle and the can off the same pile. triaxle had 5-6 ton of material and the can had 12.5 tons of material. Now I am sure if you had a 100 yard tipper trailer you could get a lot more then the cans. but We might do two demo jobs a year so I will just stick to the triaxles and tandems.second picture I am just showing how the cans can be packed right in.This whole demo job we took out eight 30 yard cans and one triaxle. (excluding the brick)
I love working on wetland projects. They are usually in the middle of nowhere so nobody to worry you except for cows. I did one on a goat farm and the darn things just loved to climb all over everything. Do you get those engineers that have meltdowns when elevations are a 1/10 off... I mean the first big flood that comes down the creek channel is going to wash that much away. I had one tell me that it was better to use two smaller rocks for a creek crossing than to use one larger one that would not move/ wash away... sure enough the two smaller rocks were about 15' from where they were suppose to be. That job was 2-3 years ago and they still have not fixed it and probably never will.
Hey Nedly05 I will sell you one of our 135's. I like the 140s
How much??? Wish we were going into summer instead of winter!!! I ran a 135 with a 5' grading bucket a little bit one day. I fell in love with it,so damn smooth! makes me wonder what the 140 is like...you can get a blade on the 140 also:notworthy
Hey Rueben, we bought the same thumb you have for our 70SR because of the price, it's been a good unit for the money but the slapping when it's in the stowed position has driven me to looking for a replacement. I found this guy in NJ at www.northsaw.com he builds thumbs for everything...by hand and his prices are great. If I'd have known about him when we bought our thumb we would have gotten it from him for sure. We are going to get one of his direct link pin on hydraulic thumbs soon and sell the old slapper! Check it out, I think you'll be impressed. The owner/fabricator is very nice, and very helpful!
We modify our thumbs so they stow nice and tight.Another thing I have done is put a ratchet strap on it. WE always take ours off when we are not going to be using it. We have them set up to come on and off very quick. also It makes it very easy to take a thumb on and off if you pin the top of the support arm to the stick first. If you ae serious about buying one of the 135's PM me and we will talk.
I would love to buy one, but it's just not feasable right now, things slow down so much this time of year, and we had a pretty slow year this year, and who knows about next year.....but thanks for the offer!!, and if you do trade for a 140......we're gonna need pics!!! I Had thought about the ratchet strap idea but never did it, how did you modify them to stay tight?
Made another ear and welded it to the stick about mid way up the thumb...Then we stick a pin through there also to help hold it in place....I will look and see if I have other pics of it close up.
I think I understand, thats a good idea!
great pics Reuben, please post more!
We have a tractor and 35 ton lowboy that we move our stuff around with. We also have some bigger iron that we hired out to move around. It got to the point where it was just too expensive and too hard to compete. We just purchased a 3 axle lowboy to move the machines ourselves. In the end, it will pay for itself.
Reuben, Did you get to run that 270c?
I am owner of the business with my brother so I run All the equipment regularly. I am actually in the 270 in that pic.
How do you like the 270 and is that ya'lls machine? The reason I asked the company that I sometimes work for has one. Only complaint is that thing loves fuel.
Oh yeah, no matter what mode you run it in it sucks down the fuel.