Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Red Button

DiggerGypsy · 2024-06-09 12:33

Just Brought the T30 Bobcat 06-09 not exact, normal controls not joy stick no a/c cab , there is a red button/ pull tab , almost looks like my air break valve on my dump truck on the right side of this machine , can you all tell me what it dose looks to me to be some type of hydraulic shut off valve ,

Replies7
  1. #1Coaldust2024-06-09 14:01

    It allows you to lower the loader frame, in the event the engine dies, so the operator isn’t trapped in the cab.

  2. #292U 34062024-06-09 16:32

    Probably what was suggested above. Not a terrible idea to give it a pull now and then to keep it from seizing up when you actually need it.

  3. #3Welder Dave2024-06-09 19:22

    So basically an Easy button so you're not trapped in the cab? Good idea.

  4. #4IceHole2024-06-10 03:31

    Just don't do the dumb, get out of the cab with the arms up and come back later than planned to them down to the point the door can't open far enough so you have to jimmy the window open and use coat hangars to pull the arm lower knob. But I've never done that. Not sure it's deal but it got to where using it as a forklift wasn't easy as the arms would drop inches a minute but it fixed itself a while back.

  5. #5kshansen2024-06-10 06:57

    I would suggest seeing if an operators manual is available for this machine. I see your location in Central America so not sure of support in your area. Have you looked machine over good sometimes they hide them in a box on the machine.

  6. #6Coaldust2024-06-10 18:13

    I could be wrong about the loader frame hydraulics. I agree with Welder Dave. That button is the rare and optional Bobcat Easy Button. I heard about those. Only produced by the Gwinner, ND plant. Pre-Doosan. When the job gets extra tough, just use the easy button. But, don’t overdo it. Just for the rare occasion.

  7. #7Welder Dave2024-06-10 20:13

    I wish there was an easy button to stop the damn rain. Nothing dries up when it keeps raining every 2nd day.