Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Red Iron. Side by side.

Truckie · 2007-05-29 22:07

Red Iron. Side by side. Sorry for the crappy picture it is from my cell phone. The4 smaller Link Belt is a 240 LX with a Labounty 360 rotating shear and the other is a Link Belt 290 LX with a grapple. I mainly run the 240 with the shear and my brother runs the 290. I will try to get a few better pictures tomorrow and some of our other equipment.

Replies5
  1. #1Dozerboy2007-05-29 23:40

    Oh boy don't let some of our member see those counter weights, nice iron I like LBs

  2. #2Truckie2007-05-30 16:43

    Yeah I here ya about the counter weights. it’s tough to keep’em looking good in the scrap business and demo like we do. The 290 was like that when we got it and the 240 I run was not to bad till last year when some stick pusher was running it tearing down coal bunkers. It might be pretty scratched up but I always check to make sure I’m not going to hit anything I don’t want to add any more character to it that it already has. I had my camera with me today but the batteries were dead.:Banghead

  3. #3KSSS2007-05-31 01:19

    Sumitomo builds a good excavator. My 1999 9020B has 8000 hours and feels tight and very responsive. Pretty impressive considering the hours.

  4. #4Ford LT-90002007-05-31 01:54

    I was trying out a Linkbelt 290 Road builder the other day only had 500 hours on it. Nice machine it had highwalker undercarriage and one riser in the cab. One of the gravel pits has a 9030 Case with a Linkbelt boom on it looks funny the original boom snapped off.

  5. #5thejdman042007-05-31 11:14

    Nice keep them coming