I am a design student working on a backhoe redesign for one of my senior projects. The basic idea of a backhoe has not changed since it was first implemented into the construction market. My objective is to change this by making the backhoe more capable, less cumbersome, and easier to operate while still maintaining the same purpose it is intended for. I have arranged a few short questions in regards to current backhoe designs. Please answer the following questions: 1) What discomforts do you experience while driving a backhoe on public roads? 2) Have you ever experienced stability issues while operating on rough or uneven terrain? (Please Explain) 3) While sitting in the pilot's seat, do you experience any blind spots or control discomforts? (Please Explain) 4) In your experience, which end of the backhoe do you use the most? 5) In your own words, what makes the backhoe the best muli tool for the job? 6) What advancements would you like to see for the backhoe in the future?
Welcome to the Forums amm8565. Please keep one topic in one thread, instead of posting the same topic in two different threads. It keeps the Forums cleaner and from my experience, you will get better answers when all the other members posts are in the same thread. I am going to close this thread and give a re-direct link to the one in the Tractor Loader Backhoe Forums - Good luck with your project. On Edit: I fixed the link to redirect to the other thread, instead back to this one.