Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Reference neeeded.

hi-ball ยท 2009-06-08 15:33

Have anybody had any buisness dealings with hector gemme ? His answers are very short I am thinking he has a language barrier since he lives in montreal/canada. I would like to order some used parts for my 1956 hd11 & hector has them & like anything you order with out knowing the person a reference would be nice if possible. Then I can post some pictures of my dozer in action: Thanks shane.

Replies9
  1. #1RonG2009-06-08 15:55

    I read several boards dealing with heavy equipment,he is on most of them,sells a lot of parts and helps others with questions and I have never heard a bad word about him.Ron G

  2. #2hi-ball2009-06-08 18:49

    Thanks Ron . Shane

  3. #3buddy6052009-06-08 20:13

    If arrow-west cannot get it from spruce grove then you don't need it I have used them with great success and at the time I was in nothern Newfoundland they had it to us when JD cound not get it . JD 644 needed a front end and ours was made in holland and we had the parts in a week. and that was fast for up there.

  4. #4d4c24a2009-06-09 10:15

    hector i have delt with hector ,a very genuine man ,who speaks little english he shipped parts for my D4c to the uk he is a regular to acmoc and acme ,and also the redpower site hope this helps cheers graham

  5. #5motrack2009-06-10 18:45

    I had dealings with him on another forum. No problems and he was a man of his word.

  6. #6hi-ball2009-06-11 01:09

    Good advise guys sounds like Hectors Alright. I ordered parts from him today & hopefully at the end of the month I'll be pushing dirt Shane.

  7. #7crayton2009-06-11 01:27

    Shane, sounds like your getting her together. Also sounds like Hector is an alright guy. A little saying I learned a long time ago and this is no reflection on Hector. Go's like this. "The sweetness of price is soon forgotten but the bitterness of poor quality lingers on for ever." Think of this every time I have to buy an expensive part or a Chinese tool. Get her wrenched up, I''m not too far away,might come up and try iy out some day. Have to get my passport first though. Crayton

  8. #8hi-ball2009-06-11 02:25

    Yes Crayton Its geting there. I ended up buying some good used parts off Hector the only thing new are the clutch yoke balls (2) I hope they are not chinese, I will check. When get your passport together there are many good lakes here to go fishing also. Shane.

  9. #9wingnut2009-06-11 03:07

    I have talked (typed) with Hector Gemme from another site that I post on every once in a while , the best that I can tell is he is good as gold ! He knows his dozers and hasnt mislead me yet . I am going to buy some clutches from him as soon as I get the money to fix my dozer .