I had a piece of glass for John Deere backhoe that came loose after purchase. I purchased the rubber seal that was called out in the parts manual. Couldn’t find any directions on installation, so I just ended up using a heat gun to attach it. It appeared to work initially but then the on hot days the glass begins to slide off the rubber seal and the rubber seal starts to distort as well. Just wondering if someone could shed some light on how to fix this issue. I posted this here since it’s common to a lot of machines. I’ll attach a picture to show the issue. Thanks.
Isn’t there a gasket that goes around that glass and meant to set in place?
In the parts I’m only finding the window (17) and the sealant (25).
It appears that the problem is that the groove in the gasket is not seated correctly on the steel frame. You gotta remove the glass and get the gasket seated. The glass will never ever come out if it is sitting in a correctly installed gasket. Provided it is the right size gasket. Start at one end of the gasket and when you get to the joint you may need to trim enough off so you can get on all the way around. It is best to have the joint on the bottom of the window. It will allow water to escape in case any gets in the glass groove. I had a professional installer come out to do my installation after I painted the machine. The guy that did mine didn't care that I supplied the glass. Glass is too dam expensive to risk breaking.
The book just calls for butyl tape. Everything oil free, apply butyl and press glass into place. Car windows used that stuff for years.