I have a good money maker this week, a 2013 Ford F250 Super Duty with the 6.7 in for an engine replacement. Doing a CP4 to DCR conversion as well, had the CP4 fail once and replaced. A construction company that is a good customer of mine, an employee of his saw the oil light on which he did shut it off right away before it did damage. Sounded like early startings of something coming apart. Customer got the engine,a reman from Dave's Auto Center in Utah which came in on Friday with a $3.500.00 core charge. I ordered the DCR conversion kit. They stopped driving it 2 weeks ago and this is my 4th one I am doing this year. In my stall right now starting on it tomorrow morning.
Is that like a Fummins conversion ?
6.7 powerstroke
I see thank you for the 'splaining....I'm not up on all the designations from Ford. I did hear of some removing the ford engine, and installing a cummins, there is a kit avail supposedly.
In my experience the 6.7 Ford is as good of an engine as the 6.7 Cummins. Have 2 - 6.7 Fords and 1 6.7 Ram. Ram is next up for retirement with anther one. Going to sell the older 6.7 Ford and keep the older Ram as a service truck. Both have been good trucks and engines. Hard to go wrong with either one.
Ive been the care take of a 2011 f750 with a 6.7 cummins from the day it was put in service. Its been enough to make me swear off little cummins. Its nwver nothing too majorly broke but its always something broke. It only has 93000 on it so far
Not a fan of the Cummins. Seems like every 5500 Ram with a Cummins I've ever driven is a gutless turd. The 6.7 Powerstroke in the F-550 (have ran 2 of them for several thousand miles) has a lot more balls IMO. One 5500 Ram service truck I ran for a bit was so gutless it could barely get out if its own way with just the empty aluminum service body on the back. The one plus to the Cummins is the exhaust brake is pretty wicked. Haven't seen a Powerstroke F-550 with an exhaust brake before. Do those even exist from factory?
Yeah had a F650 with the Cummins engine in a hook lift back in the mid 2000's. Nothing but trouble and we got rid of it before we sold out. We've had great service out of our '19 Ram 3500 with 100K+ on the clock. It's the one we are going to keep and turn into a service truck. My guys love driving it and they want another one so that's what they are going to get.
@MarineGal can you explain the DCR conversion?
It replaces the CP4 injection pump, this kit https://ssdiesel.com/product/ford-6-7l-cp4-to-dcr-pump-conversion/
Almost done with it. Waiting on a new oil filter. New Motorcraft oil filter leaks at the seam
Both my 6.7 350's had/have an exhaust brake. I thought they came with the diesel period, not as an option.